Forums are back in action! ×

I am new around here

Hello! I am new. I am a 32 year old mother of one (10 year old daughter) from Tallahassee, Fl.  I was 340 lbs at my highest and have gotten as low as 160 (I am 5'9"). I am currently sitting at 200. UGH! I need some help on how to make this stick. I am SO bad about getting off my arse and actually exercising. I have PCOS, but, refuse to use it as a crutch, instead, it has become my motivation. I have an insulin resistance and do not process carbs well, but, I think that may just be processed carbs..... ANYWAY..... I want to get lean, fit, be able to run for more than 30 seconds, eat better and quit smoking. If there are any pointers as far as good topics to explore here or tips and tricks for making sure I do what I KNOW I need to be doing, help a sister out.

First off, congrats on all the fat loss!  That took some major commitment, and it shows you already know the basics.  As you've found, having things stick takes a different mindset than making things change.  When you're pursuing change, you have a goal to hunt down.  You make sacrifices to get there.  Maintaining is less exciting.  It's no longer clear what needs to be done.  Fewer milestones to checkoff victoriously along the way.

I'd start by thinking of the kind of lifestyle you'd like to have.  Then, pursue it in small parts.  Don't set too many grand goals all at once, and don't get upset if you don't hit your targets perfectly.  You're after a lifestyle now, and that's not a race.  Set a few bare minimum goals and get excited about hitting those consistently.  So rather than pride yourself on how much you can do at once, pride yourself on consistency.  Over time, the bare minimums will become second nature.  Then you can raise the floor again.  Eventually, you'll have your lifestyle.

• Like 1

I can't do sugar as well,makes me sleepy 😫,look up paleo eating,this has really helped me out!I feel so much better 😊 lots of great information in the nutrition forums! Good luck! Ask questions,so much help here at NF,truly amazing! Again best of luck on your journey!

-Jadyn Rayne-
Race: Wood Elf
Class: -Adventurer-DIVERGENT
Level:3
STR: 11 | CHA: 5 | STA: 3 | WIS: 8| CON: 7| DEX: 4

Jadyn Rayne's Battle Log

JadynRayne's current challenge

"Not all who wander are lost."