Forums are back in action! ×

Yep, one of those New Year's people here

So I know it's a little cliche to start a program around New Year's, but really I've been stalking Nerd Fitness for awhile. Hi, I'm Rebecca, and I'm new here. I'm 31-years-old, and I used to be more active (back in the day) with sports. Now as a mom of a one-year-old, I am determined to get back in shape and lose this weight that I have packed on over the years. I can't really blame the kid because I've already lost enough to be below my pre-pregnancy weight through diet and exercise, but I feel like I need more. I need a new challenge and a program that has both the support as well as the fun, which I think NF has.

So here are my stats:

Height:

5'10"

Weight:

238.5 (yep, I'm admitting to it...acceptance is a first step, right, and really this is down from my 260 that I started at after having my son)

Activity:

My work is quite sedentary as I'm at a computer all day, but I try to work out at least three times a week, which includes a boot camp class that just wrapped up and running. I was able to run my first 5k at the beginning of December. I've participated in numerous 5Ks before, but this was the first one that I ran the entire thing.

Goals:

Get more physically fit

Get stronger

Get down to a healthier weight: 170

Welcome! If you stalked, I'm sure you already know we've got supporters of all kinds of programs, I'm sure one will work for you. If you're looking to get stronger, you probably want to look at one of the weight lifting programs, which many of the women here love. Good luck and don't be afraid to ask anything!

Massrandir, Barkûn, Swolórin, The Whey Pilgrim
500 / 330 / 625
Challenges: 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 31 32 34 35 36 39 41 42 45 46 47 48 49 Current Challenge
"No citizen has a right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training. What a disgrace it is for a man to grow old without ever seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable. " ~ Socrates
"Friends don't let friends squat high." ~ Chad Wesley Smith
"It's a dangerous business, Brodo, squatting to the floor. You step into the rack, and if you don't keep your form, there's no knowing where you might be swept off to." ~ Gainsdalf

It's been almost two weeks since I started NerdFitness, and so far so good. The Rookie level workouts are great, and I feel good. I decided to start working out first then adding the Paleo diet...so I'm in day two of Paleo diet and I have the lovely headache rocking. I really just wanted to stop in and say I'm still here, and I'm still nerding it up! Thanks everyone for making me feel welcome!