Forums are back in action! ×

PRs for you, PRs for me, PRs for everybody!

I've finally hit some weights that I feel are pretty good milestones for someone not really that strong and has never been consistent with diet and sleep, heh:

Snatch: 45 kg => 60 kg for singles (big boy plates, finally!)

Back Squat: 95 kg => 110 kg for triples

Press: 42.5 kg => 52.5 kg for triples

Took me from June up to today to get these lifts but I don't really mind since the most important thing to me was that I progress with as little injury as possible. I was able to do that 60 kg twice, so it really felt so goddamn good to know that the first attempt wasn't a fluke, not to mention that I didn't expect to achieve it until December!

Massive props to jdanger for all the WL wisdom and his Danger method, which I used as a template for my progression on the Back Squat, Press, and accessory exercises.

Still working on consistently doing ab work twice a week though, please don't shoot me lol

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• Like 1

No body, no mind.

My Battle Log: A Weightlifting Story

Woot! Sounds like you're way ahead of schedule :). It's great to hear inspiring lifting stories. Time to set some new goals to shatter

"Fairy tales are more than true not because they tell us dragons exist, but because they tell us dragons can be beaten"  -Neil Gaiman

Mandalorian Assassin: Level 5

Current Challenge - Artemis becomes Mandalorian

Overall Weight Loss Journey: Starting Weight -     Current Weight -    Goal -160lbs

Nice, good job! Safety first is a good mindset. Lifting <insert arbitrary lift goal number here> won't matter (or will never happen) if at some point you have a major injury that sets you back indefinitely or permanently. Same thing applies to most other forms of exercise.

Oprah putting PRs under people's seats would be interesting. I imagine Nerd Fitness members, CrossFitters, powerlifters, etc from all over would fill the seats or wish they had.

• Like 1

Level 7 Ranger

STR 19 | STA 16 | DEX 17 | CON 10 | WIS 8 | CHA 8

Battle Log | Previous Challenge | Progress Photos