Forums are back in action! ×

Hi! I'm Mary, and I'm new here. I'm a therapist by day, and a lover of comics, cosplay, sci fi, fantasy, and tabletop rpgs.  I started on my fitness journey in March, at my highest weight of 300 lbs. My boyfriend and I both realized that we were worried about our health, and deicided to change our eating habits and start exercising. A few years ago I went to the gym frequently and lifted a lot, but I fell out of the habit due to tendonitis that kept me from lifting and then graduate school, which kept me busy. But I decided it was time to make a change. In January, I finally had surgery for my tendonitis and as it healed I was able to start lifting again, which really motivated me to push myself harder. Right now I am doing a basic CICO plan for food, using the my fitness pal app. It's been working well for now, I never go hungry and I've been losing weight. Someday I hope to move from food logging to more of a mindful eating lifestyle change, because I want a permanent lifestyle change. For now. having the structure is helping me a lot. I have lost 47 lbs so far, and gone from not being able to lift the bar to benching 95lbs. As you may be able to tell, lifting heavy is my favorite type of exercise, but I also enjoy doing cardio classes like zumba and kickboxing. I also like to hike when I get the chance, as well as do yoga. And I love to dance (but don't really like going to clubs, which makes it a bit difficult...). I just found this site and am excited about starting some of the challenges. Right now I'm looking at joining up with the warriors or rangers, I haven't decided yet, but I am really excited to get started here and take things up a notch!

• Like 1

Welcome to NF! Good job on the weight loss so far. No rush to pick a guild/class yet, all newcomers do their first challenge as a Recruit anyway. You can also change it later on, and some people will even temporarily join other guilds for one of their challenges.

Level 7 Ranger

STR 19 | STA 16 | DEX 17 | CON 10 | WIS 8 | CHA 8

Battle Log | Previous Challenge | Progress Photos