Forums are back in action! ×

I used to be a exerciser like you, then I took an arrow to the knee.

Guuuhhh, I've been playing too much Skyrim lately.

My name is Serah and I'm new to this whole...exercise and eat healthy thing. I've spent the last few years mostly indoors and I've been less and less active lately. I've always been very VERY weak and I'm fed up with it.

I am 23 years old, 5 feet 4 inches, and weigh somewhere around 115-120 lbs depending on the day and what I've eaten. As you can tell that's pretty small. I'm not fat, just very out of shape. So my goal isn't to lose weight, but to gain it in muscle mass. I am sick of people carrying things for me, and snickering as I struggle to carry 30 pound objects. I want to do things myself and not feel so powerless anymore. So here I am!

I am starting the Paleo diet and going straight to weight training. Any tips..? ^_^; heheh

My advice is take it slow. Don't go hog wild Day 1 and hurt yourself. But don't just wimp out either. Find the middle ground. You are small so you can get away with weight training. Cardio isn't going to do much for you but you probably do some to get a base level of endurance so you aren't winded after 10 bicep curls.

Do you have a gym, equipment?

I have to get back to Skyrim, too much BF3. Welcome!

Massrandir, Barkûn, Swolórin, The Whey Pilgrim
500 / 330 / 625
Challenges: 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 31 32 34 35 36 39 41 42 45 46 47 48 49 Current Challenge
"No citizen has a right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training. What a disgrace it is for a man to grow old without ever seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable. " ~ Socrates
"Friends don't let friends squat high." ~ Chad Wesley Smith
"It's a dangerous business, Brodo, squatting to the floor. You step into the rack, and if you don't keep your form, there's no knowing where you might be swept off to." ~ Gainsdalf