Forums are back in action! ×

Queen Coffee: A work in progress

Hi everyone,

It's my first time posting. I stumbled across NF about a little while ago, and I am really excited to join!

I graduated college a few months ago and started working full time. I've been finding that I have A LOT of free time since I started working. I've always been overweight, so I figured that I could put some of that free time to use in getting healthy.

I started trying to clean up my diet awhile ago now. I've definitely been finding that it's a gradual process. My first attempts were definitely not stellar. And college is a rough time to try to clean up eating habits. But now that I'm in the "real world", I figured I'd give a diet clean up a serious go. And I've actually been doing pretty well since I started my job. Except for my kryptonite: pizza. (I assume this is a common weakness) So I'm still kind of a work in progress...

But with the diet clean up, I never have been able to incorporate exercise. All throughout college when I'd try to exercise I'd exercise a couple of times a week for maybe a month, and then I'd quit. I just never built up the automatic habit of working out. I want to be THAT person. The one who works out. Consistently. Not just when she gets inspired. And Nerd Fitness is what I'm going to use to become that person.

I'm planning on doing this next challenge as a recruit. I'm not quite sure where I'll land after that (Scout? Maybe?). My first challenge will be very focused on getting through the whole 6 weeks and building healthy habits.

Thanks for taking the time to read!

Queen Coffee

"Never be afraid to be a work in progress" - A friend

Welcome to the Rebellion! Good work on cleaning up your diet as much as you have(and yes, pizza is to fitness what yellow is to Green Lanterns, we can overcome it with enough willpower but it's a tough battle). Remember that diet is 80% of the battle. Gradually working in more activity throughout your day is a great strategy for this. A five minute walk every day for a week, then ten, then 15, until it's a solid habit then you can start adding more on to that.