Forums are back in action! ×

Dear god I'm turning 30 soon...more detail

So. I'm turning 30. I don't know exactly how I feel about it...but I'm pretty sure it'll be ok in the long run. As far as my weight is concerned though all I can think about it how much harder they say it is to lose after a certain age.

I've had ups and downs since I was 17 and decided to join the military. Was over 200 lbs but thought I was bangin'...brought it down to 160 cause I had to.

Fast forward to age 20. Married, then pregnant...back to over 200 lbs and still thought I was some hot shit. Lost some weight...somehow? Who knows...and back down to within standards.

Fast forward to age 23. Out of the military. Over 200 lbs. Felt DISGUSTING. This was the first time in my life that I did some reading. Some actual thought. I learned things. Within a year I was down to 160 again. Still felt...DISGUSTING. Who knows why? Not me. I felt like all the hard work was for nothing. I didn't feel great so what did it matter?

Fast forward to age 27. Met a new friend! She was a personal trainer! Oh man! You mean I can look good too? Lets lift!!!! I loved it. I loved loved loved it. How I felt, how I looked...how much I could pick up and put down. I got somewhere around 170 but was getting good muscle. So cool. All the yes. Then? I dont know. I honestly dont know. My marriage became tense for some reason. I became lazy and started drinking a lot.

Fast forward to yesterday. I'm going to be 30 in November. I want to feel that good feeling again. I don't want to be 240 lbs anymore. I don't want this acid reflux and these achy joints. I want better things. To not be controlled by my want/need of alcohol. I need to do this before it becomes to hard to do.

I know what I need to do. I know the foods to eat and the excercises to do. I just need ya'll. I need to tell people and have them tell me how it's all going fitness wise. So, hey : ) It's nice to meet ya'll : ) I'd like to be a warrior after this 6 week challenge.

P.S. Star Trek, Firefly (rip), Skyrim, WoW, Diablo, Fable TLC, ME, and I will cosplay as every Disney villain I possibly can before I die...and whatever other villain I can throw in there as well.

• Like 1

~ Crankypants ~

lvl 3 Orc Warrior

STR 5 | DEX 3 | STA 5.5 | CON 6 | WIS .5 | CHA .5

Challenge 1, 2

"Determination is pushing me and perseverance is what I bleed."

-In this Moment

Goal to 200 lbs

52%
52%