Forums are back in action! ×

I am a Star Wars enthusiast who likes to dress up as a Jedi (figured I might as well get that out there). I am looking to find friends to help me resist the dark side (so to speak) and help keep me focused. A Jedi should show balance in his training. Healthy eating, studying, playing, exercise, yoga, and meditation. These are all things that I feel will benefit me becoming a Jedi.

As Luke Skywalker once said (in the books): "A Jedi trusts the Force and at first seeks other ways to resolve problems: patience, logic, tolerance, attentive listening, negotiation, persuasion, calming techniques."  I seek those friends that will utilize this lesson...I seek a Master who will keep me motivated, who will provide guidance in the ways of the Force.

My ultimate goal is to drop about 80 pounds, gain muscle tone, strength, and endurance.  I am enrolled in school, which will be finishing at the end of the year (which will provide me with my Bachelors in Information Systems Management).  Once that is completed, I can dedicate the time that was used for school to martial arts, which hopefully, will in turn teach me how to fight with a sword (lightsaber).

My line of thinking is that Jedi is not a profession, it should be a lifestyle.  There is much to learn from the fictional Jedi characters and I think these lessons can be used to help achieve achieve my goals.  If anything, I think it would be cool to have some friends to BS about Star Wars with.

Cheers,
Jedi Master (hopeful) Martin

• Like 2