Forums are back in action! ×

Back once again for the Matow.

Sup y'all!

I re-stumbled upon NF after getting snowed under by work, and house moving and getting made redundant, moving house again.. been a hell of a few months!

Anyhow, I have been keeping a bit fitter, mostly walking more places and reducing portion sizes. I was up to 84kg a few weeks back, but back down to 80kg now.

I've signed up for a Gym here in my hometown now that I'm back, and It's one that i know about 6 of my friends say they go to.

My bicycle has been oiled up, my climbing shoes have been dusted off, and I'm having a drysuit delivered next week (Xmas gift from Mum). Along side my kayaking gear, and wetsuits, I should be staying pretty damn active. For the time being, I will be cutting out a lot of my carb intake aswell, and just eat chicken and veg.. maybe some potato to fill me up.

My aim is to be looking gorgeously toned by Easter, as there is a big Larp event, and being shirtless is awesome (When you're buff... no-one likes a chunky barbarian), not to mention the stamina increase I will need. My main area of focus will be to reduce my belly size to start with, as my washboard abs wont be able to show through if I don't! Then as I go on, shift the focus to strength training.

I left off joining he gym for a few days, as the start of Jan will always have the new year resolution people crowding the place, luckily its 24 hour, so I'll head there after work tonight, and have a look at which machines I want to use, and see what weight I'm comfortable with. This should enable me to set some realistic weekly goals, followed by realistically what i can achieve by Easter

Mini-rant: I cycled to the gym today (20 min cycle, That's my cardio warm-up) but when I arrived, I found I forgot my bike lock key, and had to head home!

All in, It's nice to be back!

Don't tell me the sky is the limit when there are footprints on the moon

What if your dreams and fears existed in the same place?

What if to get to heaven you have to brave hell?

What if everything you ever wanted, cost all you ever achieved?

Would you go there?

Guest guest4729

Got some nice goals going there, good to hear you've got everything all set for success!

That really sucks about your bike lock, but you should have doubled back and gone to the gym anyways. You've got everything else all ready for you, now it's your turn to put things to use. No excuses, time to make things happen if you wanna be awesome by Easter. I say next time before leaving double and triple check that you have everything to prevent this from happening.

I always double and triple check that I have my iPod and headphones (and keys!) before leaving the house. Being without MY music won't kill me, but having it makes me more likely to stay longer and do what I gotta do while I'm there. No leaving early to due obnoxiously loud people or terrible music.

awsd00: I did consider that when I got home, but had I gone again + workout + bike home wold have made me late for work!

ebm1224: This is why ladies have advantages over guys.. sad eyes just doesn't work for us!

Maegs: I'll be honest, I had to look up the term 'Boffer Larp' - It just foam/latex weapons, right? That pretty much what i like to do, the games where everyone is sat around talking the whole time and being political is just boring because a lot of the larpers tend to be more concerned with 'onupmanship' than playing the game!

Would you go there?

Maegs: I'll be honest, I had to look up the term 'Boffer Larp' - It just foam/latex weapons, right? That pretty much what i like to do, the games where everyone is sat around talking the whole time and being political is just boring because a lot of the larpers tend to be more concerned with 'onupmanship' than playing the game!

Yep, in North America at least, foam/latex weapons are called boffers :) I totally agree that sitting around talking all the time is boring. We have a bit of that in ours, I don't think it can be totally avoided, but the guys who run it provide lots of opportunities for combat, even if someone just wants to fight something because they're bored of sitting around lol

Will do ETFnerd! Once I keep a bit fitter than the standard larp clientele, i'll be happy, as ill be able to outrun/outfight anyone simply because of my stamina and strength.. non of this 'Skill' malarky!

Been a rough few days for the keeping fit schedule, as i got a tooth infection which hurts a lot when I exercise...like it hurts in 'Thuds' along with my heart beat. I did go for a walk though, and have been keeping below my daily calorie intake using an app called 'MyFitnessPal - Calorie counter. You type in anything and it will find it, usually by brand name. The family went to Dominos pizza a few days back, so i got some chicken strippers.. I typed that in, and lo & behold, it had them there, and asked how many I had! You can also log any working out you do, and it will offset those calories too.. pretty cool!

now I know there is all sorts of complicated eating plans out there, but i have decided to go for the simple 'Stay below x calories' approach. Have an amount of calories I need to function (I think its 1950) and aim to have that or below to lose weight. I already know what sorts of foods to eat for different situations (Protein/Carbs etc), although I'm on soup until my toof sorts itself out! Until then, I'm at the gym spotting for my friend, staring at the abdominal machine with longing in my eyes. Soon. Soon.

Would you go there?

I thought that was a pickup line over there...

Would you go there?