Forums are back in action! ×

Protein shake recommendations

Okay well I thought I could get enough protein from eating foods high in protien (with the exception of meat) however I'm beginning to think that adding a protien shake in after my lifting wouldn't be a bad idea...

The problem is there are so many kinds out there my head is spinning trying to review them all and I'm not sure I really trust what I'm reading...so I figured I'd turn to who I do trust!! My lovely fellow nerd fitness athletes!! So what do you guys say any recommendations?

Guest guest4729

Nom nom nom

I got mine from the link above in the Vanilla Ice Cream flavor. It tastes AMAZING with regular milk. I drink it now with Coconut Milk. Not as good, but still yummy. After reading lots and lots of reviews I just decided to dive in and go for this one. I really like how filling it is, how good the taste is and how it seems to give me more energy. It's also nice to have as a meal replacement sometimes like if I don't have enough time to make food before work, I'm starving but I REALLY need to get out the door. This doesn't happen often but it's 10 times better than grabbing a granola bar like I used to.

I've been using the Mlo Sports - Super High Protein Powder. I blend it with almond milk and frozen fruit. No sugar, and all the essential amino acids... but kind of a chalky taste if not mixed with something flavorful.

Edit: I did just notice that it contains oat fiber and egg proteins, so might be a good choice for certain folks depending on that.

Level 0 Undine Druid

"I am a nice shark, not a mindless eating machine. If I am to change this image, I must first change myself. Fish are friends, not food.†~ Finding Nemo

June challenge thread.

make your own :)

^^this. Less added sugar when you make it at home.

I can also vouch for the deliciousness of ON vanilla ice flavor nomnomnomnomnom

I'm too lazy to go check how awesome or not awesome mine is (doms monster attacking!) but if you're in a wicked pickle and need something cheap that tastes decent: body fortress at (ugh) walmart (the things we do for love). Small tub is ~$15 and it does in a pickle. When I have a little more to spend I go with shmancy brands like ON or Dymatize (when two people in the same house use them they go a lot faster *grumble*).

"I'm just going to remember to not eat like an asshole most of the time" - MoC

three words I can sum up everything I've learned about life: one must squat.- Brobert Frost
 Half-Elf Warrior | Current Challenge
 New Battle Log | Old Battle Log
Special thanks to AkLulu for drawing my awesome avatar!

i'm also a huge dymatize iso 100 fan.

i get it the cheapest off of allstarhealth.com

shippings 6 bucks so i usually get 10-15lbs at a time, lasts forever.

I'm no longer an active member here. Please keep in touch:
“There's only one rule that I know of, babies—God damn it, you've got to be kind.”

i go with NO Gold Standard

can't say why other than it's what i've used for 18mos now; and, quite frankly, i like the taste - esp vanilla

i also like the NO casein...that makes a nice choc flavored treat too...with some whole milk or coconut milk...yum yum

dymatize "long digesting" or something like that, it was ok, but i didn't care for the chocolate flavor as much as i did the NO

long time ago i tried whatever it is they sell at wally-world...that got a resounding 2thumbs down...same with the vitamin shoppe brand, bodytech...blech

You guys should seriously check out www.truenutrition.com ( trueprotein rebranded since my last order) you can make your own custom mix from 20 different types of protein, 11 types of carbs, 21 supplements, 2 different fats, vitamin option, enzyme option, type of artificial sweetener or stevia (or none), over 50 flavors... and you pick the mix 1% at a time.

-R.C.M

Speedway #729 F&AM

www.ryanmercer.com

Guest guest4729
You guys should seriously check out www.truenutrition.com ( trueprotein rebranded since my last order) you can make your own custom mix from 20 different types of protein, 11 types of carbs, 21 supplements, 2 different fats, vitamin option, enzyme option, type of artificial sweetener or stevia (or none), over 50 flavors... and you pick the mix 1% at a time.

I might have to look into that a few months from now when I need more bro-tein powder. It might end up being more expensive, though. For only 2lbs of the stuff I mentioned above it wasn't a bad price at all considering that people were commenting on the taste. If I make my own it could really be hit or miss, which I fear. We shall see, we shall see...