Forums are back in action! ×

Mindful Warrior Moving to Get Fit

Hi Everyone, I'm new to the nerd fitness site and academy. I've been enjoying the academy the past couple of days and leveling up "Libra Lord", my alter ego. :) I already consider myself to be a cross between a druid and and a warrior which I call a mindful warrior. I'm here, in part, because I want to really embody this concept. I have been significantly overweight most of my life. I have had periods of time where I have dropped a significant amount of weight, only to put a lot of it back on. I'm still about 60lbs lighter than my higher weight which is progress in some ways. I simply cannot eat as much as I used to. I;ve also been weight lifting for many years, no matter what my eating was like. I've managed to put on a significant amount of muscle and am strong for my frame. However, I am still unhealthy because of my eating habits which exacerbate some autoimmune stuff that I have going on. There are many reasons why I believe that I am overweight. I could intellectualize the situation and provide you a full analysis. The thing is, I'm over it. I want to overcome the things that have kept me stuck in this cycle.

This brings me to the quest, "big why". My reason was to "Experience all that the world has to offer." This is really important to me. As I progress in my career and engage in deeper relationships, I have had more chances to travel, hike etc. Because of my size and physical condition, I am unable to do the things that I want to do. I have started telling myself that I have experience all the food. All types, kinds etc. It's time now to experience more. To actually have more lived, real, experiences. I'm also a social worker and spiritual advisor at a school. I want to be a better, healthier healer, teacher and mentor. I hope this makes sense to you all.

Anyway, thanks for reading. I am ready to leave the darkside behind for good. I could use some support.

• Like 1

It makes perfect sense.  Start your journey bro, "You can't change your destination overnight, but you can change your direction."  You got it.

"Take arrows in your forehead, but never in your back" - Samurai Maxim

Challenges: 1, 2, 3, 4

Battle Log

Hinge HabitsBe Like WaterFailure Should Be WelcomedArchitect Your EnvironmentSet Goals For Processes Not Desires, Minimum Effective Dose 101 

Greetings!

Making the commitment to change is tough, but it can also be liberating. All the excuses and reason to procrastinate are forgotten and you can get down to business. Here's hoping this is one of the best decisions of your life!

LEVEL 1 ADVENTURER

STR 2 | DEX 2 | STA 2 | CON 3 | WIS 3 | CHA 3

7%
7%
'][/progress]