Forums are back in action! ×

A quiet Assassin finally says hello :)

Hey guys!

My name is "Gurkour" and I am a nearly 18 years old boy from Germany, still in school.

Backstory

Nerd: While other people were playing gta or cod with 13 years or so, I did not want ( and were not allowed to) play these games. In this time I switched from only building (huge) lego star wars bases to making brickfilms - stop motion animations with lego figures and bricks. One day I started to upload them to youtube and people liked it! I found some really great friends and hours in a German forum called "brickboard" about brickfilms ( I am still in touch with some of them!), my youtube channel grew to have 250+ subs, I even won 3 times at a german wide brickfilm contest and one film could be seen on tv! :D

But then my interest dropped and I started to build and take pictures of my scenes and uploaded them to flickr. I kept getting better and I made friends too ( less friends, but I met some of them on a convention). From time to time I am still upload to this, mostly apocalyptic and modern military themed role plays, but at the time I dont have motivation to build alone ( might be better when falloout comes out ).

I think this is the biggest nerd part of me, my interest of lego. That is one thing only a few people outside this hobby could understand what I did and most thought I am playing with them (I know of one who is still serious about this.. ). Don't get me wrong, I am playing games I and know hours of youtube and internet too.. Luckily I got over the time where I did nearly nothing exept for playing minecraft, chatting at brickboard and doing brickfilms.

Fitness: That brings me to my next part - Sport. I was always interested in sports. As a kid I was outside as often as possible, exploring the world ( or maybe just the nearest forest :redface-new:) fighting against ninjas, dragons and whole armies with my sword and bow (ok it was a stick) and friends! But growing up, I stayed skinny and more and more my self confidence dropped and I was afraid of a lot of things, situations and people.Then ( I dont even know how) I discovered parkour. At this time I understood nearly no English and I watched tutorials by Jesse LaFlair and tried to understand without the explanation ( it was not easy). I tried it a few times, but could not find the right places to train alone. Especially at the beginning, I was afraid that other people could see me while struggling. So this was a on and of, I started for a few weeks and then stopped because of school, illness, bad weather or no motivation - you could not really call it training, it was more of trying out while trying not to look dumb and stopping when a person walked by.. Then I went to child gymnastics with a friend where I got in touch with handstands ( :love-struck: ) That was a time where I was constantly training, but once those friends lost interest and the other people there were 5 years younger than me, so I slowly stopped going there. After this time, I was still very self conciout about myself and I tried to get friends to try new sports with me (martial arts mostly). But noone had interest in those things or sport in general. Then, one day the gym hype in my school started and everyone went to go there without any ideas or any intention to get stronger (peer pressure at its finest) but I saw no sense in it. So, nearly a year before, the summer of 2014, I found an awesome spot to train parkour, it was pretty lonely, so I went up and tried it - and it was fun! I went there as often as I could. When the winter turned in, my friend convinced me to go to the gym with him. Now I had a goal, I wanted to be stronger and bigger! I signed the contract and I went there, started small ( what noone understood) and tried my best. There are a few things I understood over the time: I cant train together , I can do better alone (while lifting free weights), I needed to find the plan that I liked and that nerdfitness is a really motivational support during breaks :D Then, this summer, I was still skinny, started to train parkour with a plan (it became efficent now!)and eat more. I lost interest in my gym (too far away) so I focused on parkour and body wheight exercises. I finally started to gain wheight not too much muscles because my workout was a huge mess, but I dont care, I feel better with beeing better ( only 5kg or a bit more). Than, a few weeks ago I hear people talk about calisthenics and I was interested from the time - strenght training and doing cool stuff like handstands, LSits, Muscle Ups and Planches? Hell yes! So that is what I am training today :)

Today:

Nerd: I still like to take pictures and I recently started to film POV Parkour videos, and one day I want to film action movies!

Fitness: I am training parkour and I am getting started with calisthenics (bodywheight exercises) and I am building a workout plan at the moment. Plus I am in the progress of gaining (muscle) weight.

Friends: "You are the product of the 5 people around you" Well, fuck. Nothing against my friends, they are nice people. But they have no intention of changing to a positive side (playing games for the whole day, eating crap, no interest in sport, no interest in meeting etc)

Confidence: It is better now - better than it ever was before! At some point it made "click" and I thougth "why should I be afraid of someone? He is not even a better person!" and from that point I pushed myself out of my comfort zone to get more confident. I can now talk with girls without standing there in complete silence (WooT) and I am trying to have as much smalltalk as possible to train this too! I am smiling as often as possible at strangers and greet them, and it is really fun! :D

Future Plans:

long term goals/ideas:

- Gain weight

- Gain strenght

- Find another sport that is in a club (e.g. Breakdance, Martial arts)

- Get a girlfriend

- Get more/better friends in different aspects in live

- beeing more confident (It changed a lot, thanks to myself and one article here that told me to smile at people!: D)

short term goals:

- do a handstand

- do a muscle up

- do the planche

- weight 70kg

- Attend different trainings at different clubs (martial arts and breakdancing). Problem is to go alone, I am kind of afraid of this..

- break more often out of my comfort zone

Future Guild:

There is no worry that I will go to the Assassins, since it features most of my ideas and plans (See the future assassin doing his best of parkour: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oxzD95xSrWw)

Now you know me! Well, if you read all this mess above ;)

I hope you understood everything! I am still working on my English skills :D

I will try to get used to the workout for three weeks and then attend the next six week challenge to join a guild!

Train safe and have fun!

~Gurkour :)

• Like 1

I'm IkarusPicture, but can't change my name

Hey Gurkour - nice to meet you! I'm new to Nerd Fitness too. You have a lot of very well planned ideas! They sound very exciting :)

Your English is great, by the way, particularly for an 18-year-old! I'm a language teacher (albeit a French language teacher) and I'm thoroughly impressed :P 

I wish you all the best with your new workouts and look forward to seeing you around the boards. 

Hi Potential Slayer, nice to meet you too :D

Thank you for your feedback, I hope to succed with my goals :)

I will try to do my best, at least start to get active around here for the next six week challenge, now I have to deal with school and other stuff (don't talk about priorities :P)

Train safe and have fun,

Gurkour!

I'm IkarusPicture, but can't change my name