Forums are back in action! ×

Quitting Smoking!

A bit late I know but I used to smoke 2 reds on the way to the gym and then 2 when I got done. Quitting was probably one of the best decisions I've ever made i could see such a huge improvement in everything I did at the gym, let alone the fact that I didn't stink like cigarettes all day. I'm sure you will get it done this time and good luck!

Well I guess it's only life, it's only natural We all spend a little while going down the rabbit hole

Nice! I've seen my friends lives get way better when they quit smoking, so way to go.

Never think of pain or danger or enemies a moment longer than is necessary to fight them. -Ayn Rand

Amongst those less skilled you can see all this energy escaping through contorted faces, gritted teeth and tight shoulders that consume huge

amounts of effort but contribute nothing to achieving the task.

Congrats!! That's a life-changer!!

I've quit twice this year so far, the next time will be the last. I'm waiting 2 more weeks for that final attempt, to get past my birthday weekend. 41 may not be a great number to celebrate, but we will nonetheless!! There are 4 of us within 1 mile of each other with birthdays within 4 days.. Gonna be a good house crawl that weekend, then back on the bandwagon!!

Hope it sticks for ya, and stay strong!! My first attempt lasted 4 weeks, and I could already feel the changes. That's what's inspiring me to get it right for good on the next attempt!

Good luck!

I've been creatively procrastinating my last cigarette for over 10 years now. I never gave up smoking as such, just kept on putting off lighting up again. and again. and again.

HA! That's funny.

Congrats, OP! You can doooooooo eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet! I quit three years ago, best thing I ever did!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

“If we all did the things we are capable of, we would astound ourselves.â€

-Thomas Edison

"I'm only at about 35-40%, and I'm surprised as eff."

-unicornassssin

Fitocracy!

[thread=16121]My Challenge Thread[/thread]

My problem is I consider myself not to be a smoker. I only smoke socially and even when I am a "pack owner" I probably never smoke more than 3-5 in a day. I can completely quit and have no cravings but if you put me in a social situation with others smoking and there is liquor around...boom.

I actually want to apply the next challenge to maybe quitting for good and not just being a wishy washy semi-smoker....I really work hard to do everything else right in my life so why not eliminate this?

Boo Yah! Best of luck!

The real world is bizarre enough for me....Blue Oyster Cult!

Oystergirl: Bad Assed Lightcaster (aka wizard!)

STR: 2 | DEX: 3 | CON: 3 | STA: 2 | WIS: 4 | CHA: 5

Oystergirl's Bad Ass Lightcaster Wicked Rocking Adventure Challenge!

Come visit my wicked rocking Nerd Fitness blog!

I don't know how it is for others but I've been smoke free for almost 2 and a half months and I still get cravings but they are short and easily forgotten about.

It's tough but worth it. You'll smell better, feel better, and have extra green in your pockets. There is no negatives about quitting. I never tell people "good luck" because that means there is a sign for failure. My suggestion, build a support group of friends and family. Tell them you are quitting and they will help.. I'd also suggest not spending to much time with friends that smoke for awhile. You need to surround yourself with non-smokers till you get a cap on the cravings. It's what helped me.

Transformassacre Challenge

Current Goal: Weigh in at 200lbs or lower by May 2nd

Current Specs: 205lbs, ?? body fat (April 12th 2012)

Long term Goal:

-Meet a body fat percentage of 10% or lower by Sept 1st

-Be able to finish

Tough Mudder on Sept 8th

Boomdarklighter, are you doing the 6 week challenge, one of my goals is to quit. So if you want to PvP challenge on quitting let me know and we can get it going. By the way quitter's never prosper...except when it comes to quitting smoking.

Hey, I'm doing this challenge too. My main goal is to quit. If any of you want to join a PvP challenge on quitting, I'm in. Also. I'll be requesting Spezzy and Quitting Smoking Squad and I'm gonna some support, so maybe you would want to back me up in that request =D

One shot, one life.

Hey, I'm doing this challenge too. My main goal is to quit. If any of you want to join a PvP challenge on quitting, I'm in. Also. I'll be requesting Spezzy and Quitting Smoking Squad and I'm gonna some support, so maybe you would want to back me up in that request =D

I'm definitely down for a PvP, anything to get the competitive juices/trash talking going :) . Let me know what backup I can provide and I'm in.

I joined the challenge today, and also mentioned the need for a quit smoking squad. It's my challenge Life level up!!

Maybe we should start a thread there so Spezzy notices!!

There's a thread on the challenge forum to get the squad if you feel like joining, supporting or slaying the smoke dragon in these 6 weeks join our request! If no, there's no problem, two rebels slaying the smoke dragon would seem more epic freaking awesome!

One shot, one life.

I quit smoking 3 years ago and it was such a great decision, although very, very hard. I had tried so many 'quit smoking' things and nothing worked. In the end I just buckled down and went cold turkey, although I do not recommend that. I was an absolute monster! :S Actually being able to take a full deep breath for the first time in years a month or so after I quit made it worth it though. You can do it!

"It's not the load that brings you down, it's the way you carry it." - Lena Horne