Forums are back in action! ×

I'm here, I'm in.

I'm a runner, I love it. It's my me time where everything else melts away.

Last year I decided, truly on a whim, to train for a marathon. Despite adopting a new baby 4 weeks prior to the race (we had no idea we would be chosen until he was about to be born), a sick toddler and having to sit in the ER with a sick husband overnight the week of the race, and snow the day before the race, I ran it, and finished with no injuries.

But through the race, I focused on endurance and keeping up my energy, and that meant a lot of eating. When the race was over, the day after halloween, my eating habits remained high. I gave myself a grace period to relax and enjoy the accomplishment. Time's up, and time for change.

I'm 35 now, and run a fine old 2:10 half marathon. My mom ran a 1:43 when she was 37. She is a good 4 inches shorter than me and in her prime definitely had a runner's body. I'm not overweight, but I'm certainly not in the shape I know I can be in.

I know I have the endurance to go long. Now it's time to drop some pounds, lift some weight, and get fast.

I'm in a running club, and our speed program starts up in two weeks. That'll take care of my cardio. I'm here to complete the rest of the puzzle. So thanks for having me, all!

-LJ