Forums are back in action! ×

Creative Nerd Fitness'ers. I am requesting your help :)(Prize involved :)

I need help designing a t-shirt for the 5th Annual Blue Ribbon BaconFest here in DSM. I have till next Monday to turn in my design.

The tagline this year is "Baconpocalypse Now".

The T-shirt MUST include these words- “5th Annual Blue Ribbon Bacon Festival: Baconpocalypse Now”

I CAN draw, so if you have ideas but can't actually draw them or design it on your computer- still give it and I will draw it out.

Since the prize I will be winning is pretty awesome- EVERYONE WILL BE WEARING THE SHIRT!!! And I get tickets to BaconFest. I have decided that if someone's T-shirt idea WINS- I will send them one of the shirts, and a NF shirt as well.

Soooo... any ideas bacon loving friends?

Make today your someday~~~"It's a lifestyle - train like there's no finish line~~~"I hated every minute of training, but I said, don't quit. Suffer now and live the rest of your life a champion." - Muhammad Ali, Boxer~~~"There is nothing we cannot live down, rise above, and overcome." - Ella Wheeler Wilcox

Hmm the first thing that pops to mind is a recreation of the opening scene of Apocalypse Now, but instead of humans, it'd be slices of bacon (just so you know it'd be bacon in helicopters riding in over a beach blowing stuff up....and surfing)

Also, you could have zombie bacon chasing pigs.

Ummm I'll think of more.

"Pull the bar like you're ripping the head off a god-damned lion" - Donny Shankle

I third zombie bacon chasing pigs, that's awesome.

I have a graphic design friend who is just getting into the business and may help for a small fee if you want.

Massrandir, Barkûn, Swolórin, The Whey Pilgrim
500 / 330 / 625
Challenges: 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 31 32 34 35 36 39 41 42 45 46 47 48 49 Current Challenge
"No citizen has a right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training. What a disgrace it is for a man to grow old without ever seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable. " ~ Socrates
"Friends don't let friends squat high." ~ Chad Wesley Smith
"It's a dangerous business, Brodo, squatting to the floor. You step into the rack, and if you don't keep your form, there's no knowing where you might be swept off to." ~ Gainsdalf

Guest Snake McClain

I was going to say three or four bacon strips dressed as military commados. with a beret, or a helmet or face paint. and they've got guns and stuff. one of them is wearing a flame thrower and they've just burnt down a forest or city behind them. and the bacon guys are sizzling like smoke is coming off them.

I was going to say three or four bacon strips dressed as military commados. with a beret, or a helmet or face paint. and they've got guns and stuff. one of them is wearing a flame thrower and they've just burnt down a forest or city behind them. and the bacon guys are sizzling like smoke is coming off them.

Replace the bacon commandos with pigs and increase the ammount of sizzling bacon and I like this idea. :)

"Pull the bar like you're ripping the head off a god-damned lion" - Donny Shankle

Look at the cover of.. pretty much ANY war game on the market right now. Parody that. Have a silhouette/lightly detailed picture of a pig walking away/towards the viewer, with cooking implements in each hand, walking through a pile of broken barbeques and hogroasts.

The title 'Baconpoclypse now' can be at the top of the image, and at the bottom have some witty tagline like 'Call in the pigs, It's gonna get messy', or somthing more 'War' oriented.

The '5th annual...' part have inside a square in a military font (You know the one I mean.. the stenciled one) at an angle on the corner of the image, looking like it has been stamped on.

OR

Construct what looks like a comic book cover with (Small font - Like 'The adventures of') 'The Blue ribbon Baconfest presents...' (Now a bigger font like the 'the amazing') 'BACONFEST 5:' '(huge title font) BACONPOCALYPSE NOW, and have the title cover with anything from the 'Hogs of war' series [ATTACH=CONFIG]1473[/ATTACH]

And add things on the side of stories that might be in there 'pigman: Half pig, half man fights a goat!', 'Is this the end for the baconizer, find out inside!' - Except, y'know, witty and clever :P

post-2801-13567243281982_thumb.jpg

Don't tell me the sky is the limit when there are footprints on the moon

What if your dreams and fears existed in the same place?

What if to get to heaven you have to brave hell?

What if everything you ever wanted, cost all you ever achieved?

Would you go there?

Or, you could take it one step further and riff on "Hearts of Darkness," the moving about the making of Apocolypse Now:

http://www.imdb.com/media/rm2816905216/tt0102015

Whatever you do, you need the tagline "I love the smell of bacon in the morning!"

To win, it's probably going to have to be no more than four colors (and even that gets expensive to print). Do you get to play with the T-shirt color? If so, I'd suggest red or orange, and then have the print color (yes, go with just one) be black. On the front of the shirt, where a breast pocket would be, put the tag line -- half of it in a semi-circle upwards, half in a semi-circle downwards, with the number 5 in the middle of the circle. Another way of describing it: Big number 5; arching over the 5, the words "5th Annual Blue Ribbon Bacon Festival," and bowing under the 5, "Baconpocolypse Now."

On the back, borrowing the font from the movie posters, the main title of the thing (Baconpocalypse Now), some helicopters in sil-o-wet (spelling escapes me at the moment - total brain cramp - sorry!) as in the posters, and then, below the image, in a much more regular text, "I love the smell of bacon in the morning."

Complicated graphics, yes, but relatively easy to print.

Good luck! Let us know what you decide and what the winning design is.

LRB, Lifelong Rebel Badass  ||  June 3 challenge thread

"What I lack in ability, I make up in stubbornness" -me

"Someone busier than you is working out right now" -my mom

Zombie pigs chasing strips of bacon.

"Whenever you find that you are on the side of the majority, it is time to reform. "-Mark Twain
“Success consists of going from failure to failure without loss of enthusiasm.†– Winston Churchill
“You will either step forward into growth or you will step back into safety.†– Abraham Maslow

Wood Elf Adventurer LEVEL 6.817
Stats: STR-18.62 DEX-8.22 STA-19.05 CON-29.72 WIS-30.26 CHA-22.73