Forums are back in action! ×

Another noob saying hello

Hi, I'm Kitty, I'm 42 and I live in the UK with my husband and two cats.

I stumbled (I'm not the most graceful of beings) across NF a month or so ago and I'm hugely excited about starting out. I have no real clue what I'm doing, but I am enthusiastic. Coming from someone who 'hates exercise' and is lethargic (Garfield is my spirit animal), this is big. Beeeg. Unlike me, for I am tiny-little-short. 

I am working on flexibility (or lack of it) with yoga. A colleague colleague who boxes mentioned strength training to me and it appealed to me as I 'don't do cardio'. I mean, I like walks and I dance (badly), but just pootling about on a treadmill or bike does not interest me. I've had a couple of sessions with a PT at a gym near work so I at least have some sort of workout which I am doing 3 times a week, but I am swotting up on NF to improve on that.

As for my 'nerd credentials', they are limited. I'm a Buffy fan, love Terry Pratchett books and have been known to create random characters from felt (including a zombie potato and an evil lemon with a monocle - see my avatar). So I'm a work in progress (aren't we all?). 

Anyway, I am planning to join the next challenge that starts on Monday - I will be doing my homework over the next day or so to figure out what my goals are.

Looking forward to chatting to folks. 

• Like 3