Forums are back in action! ×

I'm not even sure where to begin, so I guess I will start with that I'm 26, I'm getting married in a little over a year, and I want to have a long and healthy life. Over the years my weight has slowly crept up and it is finally to the point where I don't want to live like this any more. I've ignored the signs. The snacking, the desserts, the tightening waistline. Every single time I went up a size I would say, "You told yourself you wouldn't get here, it's time to do something about this," and then do nothing. Well, now I'm at that point again when the waistline is tightening and frankly I am not going up another size. It is time to act. I've tried NF before and I failed due to my own weaknesses, but not this time. I signed up for the rebellion and am not going to let myself down again.

I can't do this with the current lifestyle I live. So here's hoping being active here will help. I think maybe a support group is what I really need to keep me on track.

Welcome! Do you know what kind of exercise you like to do? Finding something I liked was the biggest part for me. Other than that it's finding a life long nutrition plan that works for you.

Massrandir, Barkûn, Swolórin, The Whey Pilgrim
500 / 330 / 625
Challenges: 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 31 32 34 35 36 39 41 42 45 46 47 48 49 Current Challenge
"No citizen has a right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training. What a disgrace it is for a man to grow old without ever seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable. " ~ Socrates
"Friends don't let friends squat high." ~ Chad Wesley Smith
"It's a dangerous business, Brodo, squatting to the floor. You step into the rack, and if you don't keep your form, there's no knowing where you might be swept off to." ~ Gainsdalf

Welcome! Do you know what kind of exercise you like to do? Finding something I liked was the biggest part for me. Other than that it's finding a life long nutrition plan that works for you.

Thanks Gainsdalf (great name btw)! I'm not really 100% sure what kind of exercising I plan to do. I like walking, but unless I walk a whole lot I don't think it'll do much. I think I'll use it in a more meditative way. I used to lift years ago in high school, and I liked it, so I may pick that back up again. Hoping the academy has some tips once I dive in.