Forums are back in action! ×

And you can get it all through a needle....

This is how zombies happen

Which is why we are all training so hard... The apocalypse is nearing...

Massrandir, Barkûn, Swolórin, The Whey Pilgrim
500 / 330 / 625
Challenges: 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 31 32 34 35 36 39 41 42 45 46 47 48 49 Current Challenge
"No citizen has a right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training. What a disgrace it is for a man to grow old without ever seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable. " ~ Socrates
"Friends don't let friends squat high." ~ Chad Wesley Smith
"It's a dangerous business, Brodo, squatting to the floor. You step into the rack, and if you don't keep your form, there's no knowing where you might be swept off to." ~ Gainsdalf

Guest guest4729

^^I agree with the zombie comment and that we are all clearly preparing for it. lol

This reminds me of this crazy thing I heard about awhile ago. They would literally FREEZE your fat cells so that you would lose the fat wherever they did it. Sounds great, right?

WRONG! By freezing the fat cells in certain places they literally killed those cells off. What ended up happening, you ask? Well the fat needed somewhere else to go so it just went elsewhere! Cue people with freakishly fat butts, necks, legs, arms, faces, etc. etc. Killing fat cells doesn't keep you from getting fat. The fat still needs somewhere to go so it just goes everywhere else. lol

Well... clearly this means I need to get started working out right away. I can't be this flabby and out-of-shape when these zombies-in-the-making spawn forth.

[TABLE=width: 700]

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

VIRHEILM, LEVEL 1 HUMAN ADVENTURER

"A year from now you will wish you had started today." ~ Karen Lamb

[TD=align: center]

ATTRIBUTES

STRENGTH: 2

DEXTERITY: 2

STAMINA: 2

CONSTITUTION: 3

WISDOM: 3

CHARISMA: 3

[/TD]

[TD=align: center][/TD]

[/TABLE]

I just had a chill...did anyone see I Am Legend? That whole shit storm started with a vaccination to cure cancer! UGH!!!!

The real world is bizarre enough for me....Blue Oyster Cult!

Oystergirl: Bad Assed Lightcaster (aka wizard!)

STR: 2 | DEX: 3 | CON: 3 | STA: 2 | WIS: 4 | CHA: 5

Oystergirl's Bad Ass Lightcaster Wicked Rocking Adventure Challenge!

Come visit my wicked rocking Nerd Fitness blog!

As for the zombie comments, if you're serious that's just ridiculous. Irisin isn't very likely to make much neurobiological changes so I doubt we'll get a zombie apocalypse anytime soon.

Also, what awsd00 said. If one still consumes to much calories, the fat will just go elsewhere. It's a temporary fix at best unless people actually do something with their diet.

Quare? Quod vita mea non tua est.

You can call me Phi, Numbers, Sixteen or just plain 161803398874989.

The article didn't talk about freezing cells to lose fat. Which actually has other applications for people who don't carry lots of fat, but used to, and now have excess amounts of depleted fat cells sitting around and doing nothing. In that population it makes sense to 'delete' the cells in a sense, as now they are just metabolic baggage, not doing any useful work.

The problems I see with injecting hormones into people to cause white fat to turn into brown fat is exactly what they said; it's metabolically active. If it's active, but not doing any work, thermodynamics says that it must generate heat.

Thus I see a great likelyhood of excess brown fat in adult humans causing overheating, profuse sweating, dehydration, heat stroke, and possibly actual stroke just for the hell of it.

There's a reason we lose our brown fat. I don't think it's a good idea to go messing with it.

Why must I put a name on the foods I choose to eat and how I choose to eat them? Rather than tell people that I eat according to someone else's arbitrary rules, I'd rather just tell them, I eat healthy. And no, my diet does not have a name.My daily battle log!

The article didn't talk about freezing cells to lose fat. Which actually has other applications for people who don't carry lots of fat, but used to, and now have excess amounts of depleted fat cells sitting around and doing nothing. In that population it makes sense to 'delete' the cells in a sense, as now they are just metabolic baggage, not doing any useful work.

The problems I see with injecting hormones into people to cause white fat to turn into brown fat is exactly what they said; it's metabolically active. If it's active, but not doing any work, thermodynamics says that it must generate heat.

Thus I see a great likelyhood of excess brown fat in adult humans causing overheating, profuse sweating, dehydration, heat stroke, and possibly actual stroke just for the hell of it.

There's a reason we lose our brown fat. I don't think it's a good idea to go messing with it.

Spontaneous combustion?