Forums are back in action! ×

I got in!

Haven't posted on the forums in awhile (I'm a slacker I know), been mostly caught up in the gazillion facebook groups and idling in the chat room..but I needed to do this here.  Mostly, because I've done it everywhere else.

Here's my monster w00t in a nutshell:

2 months after I joined NerdFitness and began seeing my Personal Trainer last year, I started contemplating what it would take to go back to school and get a degree.  The short version of my education background, failed my way out of several schools, managed to pull an Associates of Arts out of my ass, never had the right drive/motivation to do what it took to get my life right.  But here I was, almost a decade after I was last serious about my education, ready to do it over again.  This was December 2014.

3 months or so later, March 2015, I settled on the school I wanted to go to.  I told my family I was applying to many schools (and I almost did) but I only wanted to apply to one, University of Montana..but I didn't know yet what I wanted to study.

3 months later, June 2015, I figured out EXACTLY what I wanted to study.  Exercise Science.  I was already working on my general application, but now I had a measurable goal.  So I applied to the Pre-Athletic Training track.  For the typical 4 year student, this means a Bachelor's in Health and Human Performance in 3 years, and a Master's in Athletic Training by the culmination of the 4th year.

1 month later, July 2015, application gets submitted.

1 month later, August 2015, last transcript request gets finalized (somebody changed from snail mail to internet based but took their sweet time informing me..as I put my request in at the time the switch was made).

2 months later. Camp Nerd Fitness 2015:

This thing changed me.  Long story short, I had a life changing epiphany on the last day.  I realized a lot about myself, but most importantly, I realized that no matter what happened with my application, I was going to make the move to Montana and change my life.  No more waiting to live it.  Made some of the most amazing memories with some of the most amazing people I will ever know.  And yes, there may be video of me on youtube, doing a booty pop in a tutu..because I'm that totally comfortable around my nerds.

1-ish month later, November 2015:

I FUCKING GOT IN! :) (I can swear here, right?)

• Like 5