Forums are back in action! ×

Looking for a mostly vegetarian, lean mass gaining diet?

Hey guys, I've been doing the paleo diet for a while now, supplemented by a lot of things from Brendan Brazier's "Thrive Diet", which is a vegan diet. I still eat meat, though not nearly the amount I did before, getting most of my protein from beans, nuts, chick peas, hemp products etc. The exceptions to this are normally poultry, fish, and liver (mmmm... liver...).

I've lost a fair chunk of weight and am now down to a lean 165lbs at 13% BF, but am looking to put on some beef. :P I'm ideally looking to get to around 175/185lbs, but am resistant of putting a lot of meat/dairy/wheat in my diet. Not really for ethical reasons, but I just feel much more systemically healthy (ie. I have greater mental clarity and focus, and my stomach feels better when I don't eat a lot of it).

I'm having difficulty finding many resources which would help in reaching my goal on this though. Any suggestions, rebels?

Where do eggs fit into your life? Before I ate a lot of meat I ate a crapton of eggs. More nuts will add more fat than you're likely to want.. but then that could be gotten rid of again. You could look into protein supplements such as pea protein and hemp protein (which I assume you use if you're a fan of Brazier).

"I'm just going to remember to not eat like an asshole most of the time" - MoC

three words I can sum up everything I've learned about life: one must squat.- Brobert Frost
 Half-Elf Warrior | Current Challenge
 New Battle Log | Old Battle Log
Special thanks to AkLulu for drawing my awesome avatar!