Forums are back in action! ×

Bodyweight on my shoulders

We are. You know, weirdly, I found 90x5x5 to be easier than 86x5x5 (but that was coming off a two week break so I suppose it's to be expected).

My workout log coming soon (backdated to when I started as a pathetic weakling who didn't eat that much bacon).

Really? I am finding the current weight (92.5kg a real pig!) Really have to put 100% into my lifts! Mind you I had the fear of failure after getting 5 5 5 5 4 on friday at this weight, so Wednesday im going to go all out!

I cannot wait to hit 100kg 5x5. To me thats huuuge!

Oz.

It is my sincere hope that this is another UKism that I'm just not wired to understand.

Anyways, good work Moose!

You know in print, it really comes across wrong.

Yes it is definitely a UKism, and very football (with a round ball) related phrase.

Technically I suppose it should be, Get in, *pause* my son!

EDIT You know actually, you've kind of ruined that phrase for me!

Very nice! I almost hit it as well (250 lb at 252 lb), but my form has gone to crap and I'm deloading 25 lbs down to 225 lb. Gonna hit it in 3 weeks though. Congrats, it's a huge accomplishment, especially considering where you started!

Massrandir, Barkûn, Swolórin, The Whey Pilgrim
500 / 330 / 625
Challenges: 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 31 32 34 35 36 39 41 42 45 46 47 48 49 Current Challenge
"No citizen has a right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training. What a disgrace it is for a man to grow old without ever seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable. " ~ Socrates
"Friends don't let friends squat high." ~ Chad Wesley Smith
"It's a dangerous business, Brodo, squatting to the floor. You step into the rack, and if you don't keep your form, there's no knowing where you might be swept off to." ~ Gainsdalf

You know in print, it really comes across wrong.

Yes it is definitely a UKism, and very football (with a round ball) related phrase.

Technically I suppose it should be, Get in, *pause* my son!

EDIT You know actually, you've kind of ruined that phrase for me!

If I can ruin it for everyone I think I'd be ok with that.

Your explanation really didn't make it any better for me. Now it's just more dramatic.

Get in *camera zooms into narrowing eyes, duhduhduh audio rolls* ... my son! *women gasp and swoon, men start breaking things*

Eat. Sleep. High bar squat. | Strength is a skill, refine it.
Follow my Weightlifting team's antics: Instagram | Facebook | Youtube
Looking for a strength program? Check out The Danger Method and remember to do your damn abs

If I can ruin it for everyone I think I'd be ok with that.

Your explanation really didn't make it any better for me. Now it's just more dramatic.

Get in *camera zooms into narrowing eyes, duhduhduh audio rolls* ... my son! *women gasp and swoon, men start breaking things*

Pfff.

In england its fine! Will make due note not to use it while over the pond!! If anything it says more about your mind than my phrase!

Oz.