Forums are back in action! ×

The Ginger Ninja from Down Under

G'day everyone,

Short intro here (as I'm at work!);

My name is Sean, I'm from Melbourne, Australia. I'm 28.5 years old. Married (but been separated for 5 months, divorce will occur in ~8 months) and working full-time in IT Support.

I was always a skinny kid (I'm talking skeletal) while I was growing up. Then, after high-school when I got a desk job, I put on about 15-20kgs in a very short amount of time. I know WHY it happened (exchanged exercise and sports for a desk job) so I can't really complain about it.

Now, 5 months ago I went through a rough separation and have since sold my house, lost many of my close friends and started a new job. I heard that after divorce, men tend to put on weight and I think I was headed in this direction. BUT NO MORE! I am planning on taking charge of my life again and 'leveling up' my life in every way (which is awesome, because I'm a MASSIVE nerd, as are my remaining friends).

I want to lose weight, get back in shape and tone up. I want to learn at LEAST one more language, get back into playing guitar and enjoy life. I stumbled across Nerd Fitness about a week ago and I have been DEVOURING the posts on the blog.

So, as a late New Years Resolution, I made the bold claim to my friends that I am going to get down to, and maintain, a body fat percentage under 10%... YIKES! But I won't give up on this like I have in the past, I'm sticking to it. I'm not getting any younger and it's time to seize life by the seat of the pants!!

So, um, yeah. That's me. I'm planning on purchasing at least the Rebel Strength Guide and I'll be keeping up to date with the blog and the forums. :)

--------------------------------------------------nonLethal, Level 3 Human AdventurerSTR 5 | DEX 3 | INT 4 | CON 5 | WIS 11 | CHA 7

Current Challenge:

http://rebellion.nerdfitness.com/index.php?/topic/29851-nonlethals-3rd-challenge/

Oops, I should add: I was doing the Four Hour Body diet about a year ago for several weeks. I have lost about 5-10kgs of what I put on originally, but I want MORE!!

--------------------------------------------------nonLethal, Level 3 Human AdventurerSTR 5 | DEX 3 | INT 4 | CON 5 | WIS 11 | CHA 7

Current Challenge:

http://rebellion.nerdfitness.com/index.php?/topic/29851-nonlethals-3rd-challenge/

As a fellow Aussie(also from Melbourne), welcome aboard.

This is my weekly Blog, From Fat to Bat; one man's journey to be Batman...

This is my Intro thread...

Convict Conditioning:: Push Ups - lvl 2 || Squats - lvl 1 || Pull Ups - lvl 2 || Leg Raise - lvl 1 || Bridges - lvl 1 || Handstands - lvl 0

Current Body (2012.02.12) :: 5'10" || 270 lbs || Waist: 48" || Thigh: 25" || Arms: 14" || BF%: 36 || Young Bruce Level

How tall are you?

Favorite sport to watch? NRL? AFL? NBL? or Super rugby?

AM I under arrest or something? LOL

I'm 5' 8". I watch NFL (New England Patriots!!). Don't follow any Australian sports...

Current Challenge:

ergh Patriots... I'm a Steelers fan... starting to like the broncs though.

in NSW they've got "Try Gridiron" Ads going on during the breaks for each NFL game. hilarious stuff. 20 seconds of mega hits.

"Strength is the cup. The bigger the cup, the more you can put in" - JDanger