Forums are back in action! ×

Hi!!!

I started a blog here and then posted a probably too-enthusiastic post about Crossfitting outside a Crossfit gym and realized it might be nice to actually introduce myself.

I found this forum while following links from one site to another.... I ended up on a sort of testimonal page of Spezzy - and how she went from junk eating couch potato to being a little powerhouse and all the stops on the way. SO inspiring - as my story was similar and would LOVE to someday have the power-to-weight ratio (and ahem, bod?!) of THE Spezzy ;)

I'm Pixelpusher. I'm a 33yo momma of 2 crazy kiddos (who are also destined for nerdom...) ages almost 6 and 2.5.

I am of the graphic design geek variety (anyone else here get excited when Pantone releases the "colors of the year"?), I am a Mac :topsy_turvy: and also like crafting, sewing, cooking, baking, nutritional anthropology, sci-fi (Star Trek & Star Wars!), and.........CROSSFIT!!!!!

As I just rambled about in the CF Guild area, I do crossfit independently. I do my WODs either at home in my basement or at my local LA Fitness. My husband also Crossfits, and we are building our own arsenal of equipment slowly in our basement, which is soooo exciting!! (I realize everyone here does not drink the Crossfit Kool Aid, I probably drink far too much of it as well as the Apple Kool Aid!)

Since I started from knowing pretty much 0 about what to do with a bar )and actually remember standing around looking busy waiting for a guy to leave the squat cage area just so I could make a fool of myself BY myself several months ago), I am still learning. I am reading (and honestly so far reading via osmosis from my husband reading it and him relaying info) Starting Strength by Mark Ripptoe, which I should have done 6mo ago.

I also decided a few weeks ago to clean up my diet - which had gotten pretty crappy. LOTS of sweets. Sugar addicted. I have been about a week + an iffy weekend oh, 80% Paleo. I do think I will end up with more of a primal diet after I get settled in, but right now I want to drop some fat and put on some serious muscle. I am STILL super weak and pretty squishy even after roughly 6 mo of CF.

Oh, and btw?

I ramble.

alot.

sorry.

Nice to be here.