Forums are back in action! ×

New Recruit reporting for duty!

Hi everyone! I've been lurking for a bit now and finally decided it was time to introduce myself. I used to be in really good shape, worked out almost daily, ran 15+ miles a week, rode horses 3-5 hours 3 times a week; and then I had to get a job. So now that I have finally got more of a routine situated between school and work it's time to stop just pouting about not fitting into my favorite pair of jeans and do something, and I also got my boyfriend on board(who has also been whining about how heavy he has gotten).

So today we woke up, did the beginner body weight work out then went for a run/walk(2 min run-1 min walk) we kept up the whole way out but, his Shins were bothering him pretty badly so we walked the way back. We did that first 1.75 miles in 19:32min so we know next week we need to do better.

My plan, other than eating better is to:

Run 3x a week(signed up for a 5k in March and plan on finishing in under 30min)

Swim 2x a week(Just started swimming, right now I'm only doing 4x25m and it's kicking my butt)

Strength Train 3x a week(One day a total body, One day Upper, One day lower)

Yoga once a week

I started last week, and last Monday weighed 129.5lbs (I'm only 5'2") this past Monday I was 126.25. My Dream goal is to be around 112, but I'd be ecstatic with 115.

It's been nice just being able to come on and seeing other peoples success, It gives you that extra push. I looking forward to getting to know everyone as we share out progress and success!

Amandolin
Level 3|Nymph
|STR 6|DEX 4|STA 5|CON 5|WIS 2|CHA 2|

"The cure for anything is salt water: sweat, tears or the sea"-Isak Dinesen
Challenge: 1, 2, 3, 4

It has been really nice not trying to do this on my own, the extra support definitely helps (especially since it eliminates the soda, ice cream and other assorted temptations that used to be found in the fridge).

I just went through Staci's post and can totally agree that it's not all about the number. I took a couple of pictures, and will largely use them as well as how my clothes fit as a guide, but as of yet I can't break away from the scale as an overall marker of progress. Although I'm pretty sure as soon as I can fit into my favorite jeans I'll be happy, and stop weighing.

Amandolin
Level 3|Nymph
|STR 6|DEX 4|STA 5|CON 5|WIS 2|CHA 2|

"The cure for anything is salt water: sweat, tears or the sea"-Isak Dinesen
Challenge: 1, 2, 3, 4