Forums are back in action! ×

3 small woots

1) I have had 2 cups of coffee in the 14 days I have had since finding y'all here, and about 2 cups of tea. Before Christmas I was drinking 3-5 cups of coffee per day, then I'd had so much I'd put myself off it so switched to tea. I haven't even tried to cut down on caffiene - I just don't think about needing it. Nowadays the odd cup of coffee or tea is a pleasant drink, rather than a necessary thing for me to even contemplate being fully functional.

2) I have lost 6 lbs, and it doesn't even feel like I'm trying. I have been tracking calories (on mostly paleo) and I am now easily eating a good calorie deficit every day, rather than the 6 months before that that I was trying and failing, every single day I would struggle to eat to or beneath my calorie allowance. I'm eating higher fat, I'm not having blood sugar crashes, and I feel so much better.

3) My birthday was Monday, and I had a planned off-paleo day. I didn't particularly enjoy it, and was full so much quicker than I normally would be, despite eating enough refined carbs to make my insulin make blackpool's rollercoasters look tame! I now see off-paleo days as something to be got through if I have no other choice but to eat that way, rather than something to look forward to. Who knew that a former vegetarian and carb-lover would turn this quickly?

Sorry these are small woots in the grand scheme of things here, but they are amazing for me!

The greatest mistake you can make in life is to be continually afraid to make one. - Elbert Hubbard

Guest guest4729
Progress is progress. And stopping the coffee is not small feat at all.

^^Exactly. ANY progress is GOOD progress. Small changes might seem miniscule right now, but in the grand scheme of things it's a change for the better. :)

1) Sorry these are small woots in the grand scheme of things here, but they are amazing for me!

There are no small woots. If **you** think it's woot worthy then it is!

Congratulations and good job.

Oogie McGuire

Black Sheep Shepherdess

STR 4.25 | DEX 4.5 | STA 3.75 | CON 3 | WIS 4.75 | CHA 1

Well wootie toot toot! this is all awesome! Keep it up and HAPPY BIRTHDAY! what a great pressy to give yourself! Great health!

The real world is bizarre enough for me....Blue Oyster Cult!

Oystergirl: Bad Assed Lightcaster (aka wizard!)

STR: 2 | DEX: 3 | CON: 3 | STA: 2 | WIS: 4 | CHA: 5

Oystergirl's Bad Ass Lightcaster Wicked Rocking Adventure Challenge!

Come visit my wicked rocking Nerd Fitness blog!