Forums are back in action! ×

Starting over again

Hello

I want to reintroduce myself. My name is Issy and I'm 46, wife, mother of 3 and Nana of 1 sweet girl. Lately my priority have change. Both my boys enjoy weightlifting and my daughter running and bodyweight training. I'm overly overweight. (Blaming 3 pregnancies and not taking care of myself). I always put the needs of others before mine. But now it will change. I'm putting my health first.

So back to watching my food intake and moving more.

Need accountability and support.

Welcome to the boards!

I think all-too-often we're expected as women to put everyone else before ourselves.  In some ways it's commendable, but as my grandmother used to say, "For the kits to live, the mother has to eat." :)

Are you in the process of making a plan to achieve your goals? People here are usually pretty good about offering worthwhile suggestions.

Hello and welcome!

The first step is to make your goals more concrete. 'Eating better' and 'moving more' are vague, thus easy to forget or give up on. Here's an suggestion:

Plan your meals for the week. Make a menu of what you will eat everyday, then buy food accordingly. It helps avoid the 'no idea what to cook/let's get take-out' problem. To help you with that, there are some online meal plans, such as this one for 1500 calories a day. You can use it as a guideline/inspiration. Add or subtract from it as needed.

To help you determine your required food intake, there is this lovely calculator that is very easy to use. I love this thing!

Now, for the exercise. Find something you enjoy first and foremost. That is the most important part.

Good luck and keep us posted!

Current form: Chubby House Cat (lvl4)

Weight objective: 20%

S. 4 P. 6 E. 4 C. 7 I. 8 A. 4 L. 5

Battle log

Current Challenge

Handy linky.