Forums are back in action! ×

New Assassin/Druid joining the Rebellion

Hey fellow rebels! My name is Lita (but you can pronounce it LEE-duh) and I'm so excited to be here. I have many years of experience in the fitness world, starting when I became a dance major in college (a handful of years ago) and got in great shape. Since leaving college behind, I've fallen out of practice and have allowed my anxiety issues to get me off the rails.

My goals:

• get my front splits (I was always that dancer that couldn't do them)
  • learn to do a handstand
  • lose a little weight to stob the stomach jiggle when I walk
  • gain the additional upper body strength I need for aerials
  • eat more vegetables

I am excited to be here and to join some future challenges! Off to the Recruits section...

• Like 1

Lita

Wood Elf Recruit | Level Zero

|| STR 0 || DEX 0 || STA 0 || CON 0 || WIS 0 || CHA 0 ||

|| Battle Log || Challenges: current ||

Welcome to the rebellion!

Ooh, handstands! There's a neat guide on the NF blog about them. Here it is.

Good luck and keep us posted!

I've actually signed up for Chris Salvato's handstand challenge, but I fell out of it pretty quickly. After working a long, physical job, sometimes I just don't have the energy or the stamina to climb backwards up a wall. I am trying to get some yoga in every day, though, as that will help my upper body strength too.

Lita

I've actually signed up for Chris Salvato's handstand challenge, but I fell out of it pretty quickly. After working a long, physical job, sometimes I just don't have the energy or the stamina to climb backwards up a wall. I am trying to get some yoga in every day, though, as that will help my upper body strength too.

Yoga is good! Just an idea though: maybe you could work on your handstands in the morning? Before going to work? 5 minutes of handstand practice in the morning would not deplete your energy for the day.

Reworking your daily schedule can help. :)

Current form: Chubby House Cat (lvl4)

Weight objective: 20%

S. 4 P. 6 E. 4 C. 7 I. 8 A. 4 L. 5

Battle log

Current Challenge

Handy linky.

Yoga is good! Just an idea though: maybe you could work on your handstands in the morning? Before going to work? 5 minutes of handstand practice in the morning would not deplete your energy for the day.

Reworking your daily schedule can help. :)

I can certainly try it! As long as I don't get (too) distracted by the internet, I do normally have some extra time in the morning while I'm getting ready. I also need to stock up on high-protein but vegetarian snacks, because I haven't been getting enough lately. It's making me feel really run-down.

Lita