Forums are back in action! ×

Hello all,

I'm a 56 year old school teacher who is terribly out of shape and expanding rapidly.  I fear if I don't stop this cycle soon I may not have any elasticity available and will explode and endanger those who may be innocents standing near me.  I am in the preparation stages now.  On January 4th it will be all hands at battle stations and ready for the rebellion. 

Small step 1 - 2 boiled eggs for breakfast, banana, and raisins.

Small Step 2 - Wake up 15 minutes earlier and do stretches.

This my plan for this week.  It is the holidays and chocolate is everywhere.  Willy Wonka is tempting my sweet tooth.  If I were to do anything drastic I would be setting myself up for failure.  

I work best on an autopilot sort of diet.  I'm not a chef extraordinaire so I am looking for easy meals to prepare for the week.  I'm not a huge veggie fan so that is a skill I will need to pick up along the way.

MellieMc aka Bluemyst (I've had this handle since CB days!!)

I am a new recruit.  

pre-apple, pre-pc generation.  yes I have actually dialed into a mainframe to run a program

I want to get healthy so when my granddaughter says, "Grammy jump!"  I can.

I am an Elf in spirit, but resemble a fat dwarf.  Time to transforn.

Welcome to the rebellion!

Baby steps are good steps! Take the time to build those habits, then add to them!

I was a veggie hater as well. I found that a great gateway to veggies is soup. Boil everything in a broth, then blend it all into a smooth, creamy liquid. It goes down much easier that way.

Carrots, onions, bell peppers, squash, parsnips, turnips, rutabagas, cabbage, celery, etc. are all great soup options. If it's the taste you have a problem with, load the soup with black pepper and cayenne pepper. The burn will erase the taste. :lol:

Good luck! Keep us posted!

• Like 1

Current form: Chubby House Cat (lvl4)

Weight objective: 20%

S. 4 P. 6 E. 4 C. 7 I. 8 A. 4 L. 5

Battle log

Current Challenge

Handy linky.

Soup is a good id2a.  I will give that a try.  thanks

MellieMc aka Bluemyst (I've had this handle since CB days!!)

I am a new recruit.  

pre-apple, pre-pc generation.  yes I have actually dialed into a mainframe to run a program

I want to get healthy so when my granddaughter says, "Grammy jump!"  I can.

I am an Elf in spirit, but resemble a fat dwarf.  Time to transforn.