Forums are back in action! ×

Howdy!

My name is Katy, and I'm from Texas. I'm new to the NF forums but not to NF! I first came across Nerd Fitness sometime around last March, and signed up for the Academy back in June. I've lurked around the Women's Academy Facebook group since then, but haven't posted anything there yet. I also haven't put much effort (at all) into following the Academy... Mostly out of my own laziness coupled with a few unforeseen life events that have occurred in that time. But I'm past all that now, and ready to take the plunge! I've been thinking a lot lately about getting back in shape, and the announcement of Steve's book being available for pre-order was kinda the extra push I needed to start re-reading all of the NF stuff and getting serious about the Academy. It also led me to sign up for an account here in the Rebellion!

My starting point:

I'm 30, (will be 31 in just over a month), 5'6", and I currently weight 209lbs, which is just shy of my all time highest weight of 210. I'm not married and have no kids, but I'm in a wonderful relationship with a wonderful guy, and have 4 dogs, 2 rabbits, 3 sheep (all currently pregnant!) and a bunch of chickens! (Don't look at me like that- I live on an actual farm! lol) I have never been a gamer (I once tried to play Halo with my younger brother- after about 10 min he took the controller from me and banished me from his xbox forever because he was tired of saving me from the corner I kept getting stuck in....)and there's not a good descriptive list of races available, so I've struggled to choose which "race" I belong to... But I noticed that someone on here claimed "pirate" for their race, so in true pirate fashion, I'm going to steal that idea and call myself a pirate! Obviously as a beginner I'll be a Recruit for my first challenge, but then will join the Adventurers until I work my way up to Ranger!

My Quests:

My Main Quest is to lose around 50lbs of body fat.

Other Quests which will help me to achieve my Main Quest include getting stronger, healthier (no health problems now, but as I get older I can just feel my body becoming less resilient to stress), reduce my stress level, be more active in all aspects of my life,  and looking better naked of course!

My Big Why:

I've been overweight for pretty much my entire life. I've had some recent "life events" that have made me realize that the time is now to FINALLY, ACTUALLY make the changes that I have known for years that I need to make. I want to be healthy and fit so that I can be the best me, for myself, for my family, for my BF, for my friends, for my future children (if I ever have any), and for my students (I'm a teacher). I want to be able to go on any adventure that my BF and I dream up, without being held back by a body that is weak and out of shape, and I want to look good doing it!!

My Battle Plans:

I hope to accomplish my Main Quests by logging everything I eat (I used to be a rockstar at that, but have really been a slacker the last couple of years, so I'm working on rebuilding the self-discipline to be more consistent with it), reducing my sugar intake (I'm a horrible stress-eater and sugar is my go-to drug...), and increasing my physical activity by trying to do something intentionally active every day and working up to a balance of cardio, strength, and flexibility training. I have a subscription to NF Yoga, and have done the Water A & B series a handful of times. BF is totally on-board with my fitness journey (he's got some weight to lose and strength to build himself, and he's an even bigger nerd than I am!), so it'll be nice to have an IRL partner-in-crime to keep me accountable along the way. I plan to become a Ranger, so will focus on cross training. I have done Crossfit in the past, and while I'm not in a position to join a crossfit box, will try to do some crossfit style workouts at home. I'm pretty excited for my first 6WC and I'm looking forward to making some new NF friends!

"A smooth sea never made a skillful sailor" - English Proverb

Pirate Adventurer   :pirate:  

Recruit Level: 0

STR: 0          CON: 0

DEX: 0           WIS: 0

STA: 0           CHA: 0