Forums are back in action! ×

Greetings from the land down under.

Hi everyone!

I'm Jupiter (not my real name) and I come from the good old land of Oz. I am 27 and I am sabotaging my life by allowing negative thoughts to control my decisions. For the past....well, let's just say a long time, I have been dealing with clinical depression and anxiety and I have used it as an excuse to stop trying. 

I have gone from being 55kg (underweight) to nearing 100kg because to change has been too hard, or I might take a step backwards and those little voices convince me that I was stupid to even try. And I don't want to live my life like that anymore. I want to power up my life, to be as strong as a fierce warrior, to be as focused as a jedi and to be the best version of myself I can be. 

This is going to be a long journey (don't even ask me to do a push up) but I'm hoping that this time, and with the support of this forum, I might finally be able to stick to my goal. 

I have never been a gym person (shock horror, right?) and much prefer to do horse back riding over crunches or archery or tricep curls (or is it bicep curls?) but at my current weight I am so self-conscious of my appearance that I am too shy to even attempt these activities. Running is not a strong suit for me as I have bilateral achilles tendon injuries and knee problems so I would probably favour swimming over land based high-impact activities.

But any advice, guidance, words of encouragement or anyone who wants to talk Whovian, LOTR, Star Wars, Star Trek, etc is more than welcome.

Thanks   :eagerness:

• Like 1

~*~  Cazamoline  ~*~

Adventurer  ~~ Level: 0

==================

STR: 0               DEX: 0

STA: 0               CON: 0

WIS: 0               CHA: 0

"You can start late, look different, be uncertain and still succeed" - Misty Copeland.

Character Profile

Been there antipode...

It gets better... seriously...

Going from 87 to 77 kg...

Next weighing-day: 17 jan

10%
10%
3 reps of 8 push-ups total of 24 --> 16

66%
66%
3 reps of 8 chin-ups total of 24 --> 4

16%
16%
Start-to-run lesson 1/27 --> unexpected error in module "LEFT_LEG_AND_GROIN". Error register returned code "MUSCLE_FISSURE_LEFT". Program was halted. Please wait 6 to 8 weeks for patches to install...

ERR%
ERR%

Male, 40y

Ultimate Goal: finishing the "Spartacus-run" obstacle course.

Alter ego: man machine

Welcome to the rebellion!

Horseback riding? Archery? Marry me! OK, that last part was a joke, but I used to do horseback riding and I love it still! I just can't afford it anymore (that and distance is a factor).

I can relate to the depression thing and those awful thoughts that tell you that you suck and that you're worthless. Horrible. The rebellion is here for you if you need support!

As for activities, do what you love and stick to it! There are lots of things to try! So browse the forums and experiment!

Good luck with your goals! Keep us posted! (I use too many exclamation points)

• Like 1

Current form: Chubby House Cat (lvl4)

Weight objective: 20%

S. 4 P. 6 E. 4 C. 7 I. 8 A. 4 L. 5

Battle log

Current Challenge

Handy linky.

Thanks for the warm welcome you guys. I'm really looking forward to starting this adventure.

~*~  Cazamoline  ~*~

Adventurer  ~~ Level: 0

==================

STR: 0               DEX: 0

STA: 0               CON: 0

WIS: 0               CHA: 0

"You can start late, look different, be uncertain and still succeed" - Misty Copeland.

Character Profile