Forums are back in action! ×

Q Lilac: New Recruit

So now that I'm official I have to make my introduction. Boring backstory included.

I'm Q Lilac, 5'5" female banker and I'm jumping back on my horse.

In January I weighed in (after not looking at the scale for almost a year) at 171, which so far has been my peak. I started going to the gym like crazy and counting calories, and lost roughly 20 pounds.

In April I had a blackout episode and went to the ER due to a few hours of weird memory loss. To this day we still don't have a solid answer what happened, and it hasn't happened since, but I was barred from driving for two months in case it was a form of seizure.

Immediately after being able to drive again I moved out of my parents house for the first time to a large house with a few roommates. At the time I also had to transfer to a closer branch where I spend 4 months absolutely miserable. I quit and moved to a new company.

Three weeks ago I weighed myself and I was right back up to 171.8. Right back where I didn't want to be. Also, in the past three months my girlfriend has shown incredible progress in her fitness goals. So since then I started researching as much as I could to lose weight in a sustainable and healthy manner, and how to improve the rest of myself while doing it.

I'm very bad at acknowledging my growth, so I will say there are a few strides I've made this year that I'm proud of.

- Moving out to my own place

- Quitting a job that made me miserable everyday and finding a company that makes me incredibly happy

- Cutting out caffeine past lunch and falling asleep by 9 latest most days.

And here's what I want to accomplish.

- Continue paleo(ish) diet with carb cut back.

- Be able to do a push up and pull up. Eventually more than one.

- Lose 20-40 lbs body fat. Working on calculating the exact percentage I want.

- Fit into my girlfriends clothing again so I can steal more of her stuff.

- Keep detailed record of progress including measurements.

Long intro over, I could use some assistance in setting up realistic and quantifiable goals for my own personal challenges since I'm not the best at coming up with those.