Forums are back in action! ×

Greetings from KY

Hello All!

Just found the place and will be spending some time reading around and learning from others.

A bit about me and where I'm at in this whole healthier me process

I turn 40 on New Year's Day (yes I was a new year's baby)....when I was young I was a big kid and then got sick and lost a bunch of weight and took up swimming through high-school which kept me in top shape.  I got hurt (shoulders) and life kinda started taking strange turns - I had gone from swimming 8+ miles a day 7 days a week, to just eating like I was still doing that.  When I went off to college I started training in various martial arts for exercise and while that helped, my enjoyment of the night-life did nothing to help with my weight.

Fast forward a bit and I'm here at nearly 400 pounds starting to show some of the health risks associated with carrying all that weight every day.  I've spent the last few months giving up pop/beer/etc...and I now only drink water, with the occassional cup of coffee in the mornings....I've lowered the amount that I eat, and am now actively working towards changing what I eat.  I've begun logging my dietary intake in the "Lose It" app that I"m finding very helpful and yesterday I joined a gym (free-weights with cardio machines) and am working towards creating a new me.

I'm anxious to see what others are doing as, honestly, coming up with a good workout routine for someone my size feels like a daunting task, but I know anything is better than the nothing I've been doing and I'm looking forward to this new journey.

• Like 1

Welcome to the rebellion!

Good on you for taking charge of your life! You might want to stick to low impact exercise for now. Like walking, cycling, swimming. Of course, the most important thing about exercise is to find something that you enjoy. It makes it easier to stick with it.

Good luck! Keep us posted!

Current form: Chubby House Cat (lvl4)

Weight objective: 20%

S. 4 P. 6 E. 4 C. 7 I. 8 A. 4 L. 5

Battle log

Current Challenge

Handy linky.

I just started with that app and it is really easy to use.  

MellieMc aka Bluemyst (I've had this handle since CB days!!)

I am a new recruit.  

pre-apple, pre-pc generation.  yes I have actually dialed into a mainframe to run a program

I want to get healthy so when my granddaughter says, "Grammy jump!"  I can.

I am an Elf in spirit, but resemble a fat dwarf.  Time to transforn.