Forums are back in action! ×

Looking to Life's Endgame

Hey Guys,

Just finished out a profile and thought that an introduction post was in order.  Once upon a time, I was fit...like REALLY fit.  I've got a 2nd Dan ranking in Isshin Ryu, and kickboxed competitively for a while.  Then, I got married and had kids.  The thought of having teeth knocked out and then showing up to the office on Monday with an eye swollen shut just didn't have the same appeal.  I still lifted weights regularly, but let my diet and conditioning go.  I eventually settled into a groove where as long as my lifts were holding well, then I "must" be getting stronger, but it's easy to be strong+chubby and out of shape.

My wife is a yogi, and she managed to finally drill through my thick head that I needed to find some balance.  As such, about 1.5 years ago, I took up Tai Chi (Cheng Man-Ching form, for those who'd care).  It really helped open my eyes as to how much flexibility I'd lost, and that I needed to be lean and feel spry again.  I've been steadily polishing my diet and workouts every day, and ran across this website while just browsing around.  The idea really appeals to me, as I played MUDs back in the day and dig RPGs.  So, signed up.  I'm still pretty sketchy on how 'leveling up' and such works, but I'm sure I'll get it soon enough.

I'd have sworn I was a monk until I read the article that says that tai-chi is normally relegated to druids, and I DO do yoga with my wife some times these days.  Can I be a taoist monk who like nature and punching things?  Also, count me in for having fun with this, because I'm all about fun challenges and such.

...getting profile in order now, 

Foo

• Like 1

Lvl 4 Mystical Taoist Priest

"All teachings are mere references. The true experience is living your own life. Then, even the holiest of words are only words." - Ming-Dao Deng

Challenge #1 2 3 4