Forums are back in action! ×

Hello from teh Michigans!

Greetings! I'm Aranrya! aka Aran.

Just found this site last night. I've been looking for ways to "gamify" my life a bit more, as I am an avid PC gamer. I've been married for nearly 11 years and we have two awesome girls, 6 and 2 years old. I have a degree in Christian Theology, and am currently in between seminaries. Both me and my wife grew up in Oklahoma, moved to Texas for a year so I could go to seminary, then had to cut that short when her job moved her up here to Michigan.

I've been gaining weight ever since I started back at college 6 years ago, what with the pizza when there wasn't time to cook, and the rum when I had to give a paper those finishing flourishes. Made my way up to 240 lbs before I decided I didn't want to buy anymore big pants. I've started losing weight for the past few months now. I've just been trying to eat real food and tracking my calories. I slipped up a bit over Thanksgiving, but am back at it strong.

I'm actually really excited to find other like-minded peoplez to learn from and connect with while I do this thing. I literally just finished the Beginners BodyWeight Workout for the first time... then promptly laid on the floor and took a 3 minute nap.

From what I can tell, I am a satyr but I identify as human. I am teh level zeroest nublet. My main quest is to lose my stupid gut and see my muscles, be able to run around with my kids without getting horribly winded, win at hide-and-seek, and be able to pick up my wife without her consent and comfortably carry her around. My motivation for all that is just to be a better looking guy for her, and be a more able-bodied father to my girls. Also protecting them from boys is a plus.

That is all! I look forward to the first challenge coming up. I'm trying to get ready for it by starting a regular workout now. Look forward to hanging out with y'all!

• Like 1

Level 1 Satyr Assassin

Challenges: Current1