Forums are back in action! ×

Greetings from Poland :D

Hello guys! :)

My name is Damian and I am 22 years old. I am a student and I also work as a Rails programmer for 2 years (and I am very proud of it). English is not my native language, so forgive me all mistakes I may make while writing this :)

I am 180cm high and weigh about 78kg. Not bad, you may say. The problem is I've always been kind of weak person, because I didn't like to play football with other kids nor do any specific activity apart from cycling. For as long as I remember I've always had a roll of fat around my belly.

Now I want to change!

I know it's possible, though I need some support here or otherwise I may fail again. I've tried going to the gym and swimming. Both activities worked, but after max. 3 months I was always facing a serious obstacles: boredom, a huge switch in my life, extra work from my boss which took so much time I wasn't able to sleep well etc. I hope that you guys will help me in becoming a killer machine this time :D

I was always astonished by capabilities of people doing calisthenics, so right now I want to try the bodyweight training. For the last two weeks, without any specific routine, I was doing push-ups, pull-ups, squats and other basic exercises and I feel better than before, so I think this may work for me. Also, with my fiancée I've started to learn rock climbing, though I have some problems here because I'm not stretched enough and I am afraid of heights. The pure competition between me and Ania is what drives me to get better and better in rock climbing :)

My plan for now is to create two daily routines of exercises and do them in turns everyday. We've also signed to a rock climbing section, so I will have to do some exercises at least twice a week :) I also want to seek for new ideas for exercises. Eventually, I want to look sexy, build up my self esteem, make my body a living proof of my hard work and become a mixture of Bruce Lee and Kratos, matching both strength, endurance and dexterity (and maybe someday I will start to learn a martial art).

Thanks for reading this and I hope we will have a great time together :)

Welcome to the rebellion, Damien!

You say you have a competitive streak; that could help you fight the boredom of an exercise. We have competitions for all kinds of exercises: push ups, pull ups, squats, bench press, etc. You can find those in the PvP challenge section of the 6 week challenges. You'll also see some people with 'NF XYZ Champion' (just replace XYZ with an exercise), so there is plenty of competition here!

Good luck! Keep us posted!

Current form: Chubby House Cat (lvl4)

Weight objective: 20%

S. 4 P. 6 E. 4 C. 7 I. 8 A. 4 L. 5

Battle log

Current Challenge

Handy linky.

I've already seen some competition topics like push-up or pull-up leaderboards and that already made me interested. Is participation in PvP challenges connected to 6 week challenges? Should I wait till the next one or can I start now?

Usually, PvP challenges happen during 6 week challenges. But go ahead and created a thread to challenge others!

Current form: Chubby House Cat (lvl4)

Weight objective: 20%

S. 4 P. 6 E. 4 C. 7 I. 8 A. 4 L. 5

Battle log

Current Challenge

Handy linky.