Forums are back in action! ×

Hey all! It's been a while since my last confession...

I joined NerdFitness in 2012, after I realised I had put on some weight that I was not happy about. After a brief hiccup, I jumped into fitness with both feet, and learned some great habits along the way. I was living overseas but had found my fitness family in a CrossFit box near where I was living. I really enjoyed it, but after moving back to Sydney, it doesn't fit my current work schedule or budget.

Since moving home, I've worked out in fits and starts. I wanted to make CrossFit work, but it didn't. I tried having a PT but that's expensive and conventional gyms are either expensive or, if they're not, crowded and demoralising. After a long period of nothing stable (and, to me and my fork's credit, no weight gain but certainly some muscle loss), I started doing yoga regularly, but that also became difficult to keep up, monetarily. Then I began running in the spring, but that has been harder in the summer months.

Mostly, I'm aiming to come back here and get involved in the community to hold me to doing something! I really miss being active, and it definitely makes me feel better about myself. I'm happy with my weight and body and everything, but I always feel better after working out. It's just hard to keep down a routine.

I've disabled my signature because I honestly can't remember where I was up to in my mission, and I feel like I should start all over again.

I hope to be welcomed back into the fold, and find my fitness footing once again!

• Like 1

L1 Ranger

Fitbit | Respawn Challenge: Take 2

Welcome back! I'm in a similar boat as you - just rejoining the forums. It seems like you've been doing a pretty good job of keeping active on your own, but having support from this community makes it all the easier. (Plus personally, I've found lots of fun fitness ideas I wouldn't have thought of on my own here!) I wish you all the best and hope you find what you are looking for. :)