Forums are back in action! ×

Crash Murphy Reporting In

Hey everyone!

A friend of mine turned me onto NF, and after reading a small bit of the blog, forums, and articles, I'm completely sold on this. This feels like the exact place that I need to be at, with people that are supportive, encouraging, and challenging. A little bit about me:

Weight: 301lb.

Height: 5'11"

Current workout/training: Strong Lifts 5x5 program

Current goals:

• Lose weight
  • Feel better about myself
  • Develop a better diet and fitness lifestyle
  • Help others in their journey

I plan on joining the Recruit guild in January, in order to start on my very first 6-week challenge.

I am very excited to be apart of this cool community, and would love any advice that anyone has for a beginner.

Level 0 Half-Orc Rebel | Male, Age: 24

[sTR 0 - DEX 0 - STA 0 - CON 0 - WIS 0 - CHA 0]

Current Challenge | Character Page

"Ancora Imparo"

Quest 1: Eat 2 Paleo meals a week

87.5%
87.5%

Quest 2: Workout 3 times a week

50%
50%

Quest 3: Walk 20 minutes 2x a day, 5x a week

18.75%
18.75%

Quest 4: Get to bed by 10:30pm 5x a week

50%
50%

SL 5x5 is solid for beginning.  Follow the plan, eat clean, let the results happen.  It sounds like you've got the steps in order already.

Good to have you.

• Like 1

Lvl 4 Mystical Taoist Priest

"All teachings are mere references. The true experience is living your own life. Then, even the holiest of words are only words." - Ming-Dao Deng

Challenge #1 2 3 4

hello, hello! I'm newish here, and, yes, everyone here is amaaaazing! I wish you luck in your endeavors, and we're all cheering for you!

• Like 1

"Nothing lasts forever." ~Natasha Romanoff~

"Such is the nature of evil. Out there in the vast ignorance of the world it festers and spreads. A shadow that grows in the dark. A sleepless malice as black as the oncoming wall of night. So it ever was. So will it always be. In time all foul things come forth." ~Thranduil~

"No matter who we are, no matter what our circumstances, our feelings and emotions are universal. And music has always been a great way to make people aware of that connection. It can help you open up a part of yourself and express feelings you didn't know you were feeling. It's risky to let that happen. But it's a risk you have to take-- because only then will you find you're not alone." ~Josh Groban~

"Those who are the happiest, never did have everything. But rather they are thankful for everything they do have." ~Anonymous~

WELCOME!

Have you set up your first challenge yet? :)

I started SL5x5 about 6 months ago and I haven't looked back from barbells yet.  It's a great intro into lifting heavy things!!

Tell me, if you had the strength to take another step, could you do it?

Level ?? Bard & Monk of the Furious Heart

STR.55  DEX.43 STA.48 CON.51 WIS.53 CHA.65