Forums are back in action! ×

What are you struggling with today?

I'm struggling with the fact that outside is 65degrees and sunny and I am stuck inside staring out the window.

I'm now struggling with the fact that it is 30 degrees outside and I don't even have a damn window...

Massrandir, Barkûn, Swolórin, The Whey Pilgrim
500 / 330 / 625
Challenges: 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 31 32 34 35 36 39 41 42 45 46 47 48 49 Current Challenge
"No citizen has a right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training. What a disgrace it is for a man to grow old without ever seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable. " ~ Socrates
"Friends don't let friends squat high." ~ Chad Wesley Smith
"It's a dangerous business, Brodo, squatting to the floor. You step into the rack, and if you don't keep your form, there's no knowing where you might be swept off to." ~ Gainsdalf

struggling with food poisoning when I was really in the groove... hoping to get back to the gym tonight, we'll see how it goes...

a few weeks into cutting it gets better... your body gets used to it...

i don't care what u think of me. unless u think i'm awesome. in which case u're right.

Intro - Workout Log - ABS Log - Fitness Philosophy - Accountability - NERDEE - Weight Maintenance

rebound...my husband also used to get free lunch at the cafeteria at his work and had the same problem. I told him to set up a quick meeting with the food service manager and tell them he has some food allergies and could he please find out the menu ahead of time to avoid any unnecessary trips to the hospital. He got what he wanted. If they think you are picky then they get an attitude but if they think its a health issue...the cooperate...just an idea.

The real world is bizarre enough for me....Blue Oyster Cult!

Oystergirl: Bad Assed Lightcaster (aka wizard!)

STR: 2 | DEX: 3 | CON: 3 | STA: 2 | WIS: 4 | CHA: 5

Oystergirl's Bad Ass Lightcaster Wicked Rocking Adventure Challenge!

Come visit my wicked rocking Nerd Fitness blog!

I'm struggling to get workouts in when in staying in hotels. I never seem to have the motivation, willpower or energy after a long day at work. Need to sleep more and eat the right type of foods. I've been cheating a lot lately - still dropping weight but much slower than I should be, and it's mostly due to 1 cheat a week becoming 4 or 5...

Ohhhhhhhhhh.....hmmmmm where to I start? I won't go into last week cause I posted about it in the WOOT room but this week? Hubby home sick and unemployed makes for a bear in the shithouse....oldest daughter returning to college on wednesday and already weepy because she will miss us and her boyfriend, youngest daughter comes home with a 65 on her chem mid term and she is generally an A student...deciding to NOT tell my husband until after he feels better because he will simply blow his stack....youngest is also off school the week due to state testing and only has a test friday...being without a car because our insurance does not cover a rental...I can't fall asleep for hours at night and all my usual aches are aching...

On the bright side, I already did my workout today--its 45, the snow is melting and I am looking at my lava light and feeling mellow.

HUGE HUGS to you all and I hope you over come your struggles! EFT, ROOS and SILVERGAMMA FEEL BETTER!!!!!

As for stretching...I stretch 30 minutes after a workout because I know that stretching is JUST as important as the contraction phase. If you don't like it, are awkward at it etc. it only means you need it more. I know you can do it!

The real world is bizarre enough for me....Blue Oyster Cult!

Oystergirl: Bad Assed Lightcaster (aka wizard!)

STR: 2 | DEX: 3 | CON: 3 | STA: 2 | WIS: 4 | CHA: 5

Oystergirl's Bad Ass Lightcaster Wicked Rocking Adventure Challenge!

Come visit my wicked rocking Nerd Fitness blog!

I’m struggling with the lack of Carbs. I was always a carb eater, from (edited out because I was getting hungry) to (----) and (------). To go off them 100% has been a big change. I’m not hungry as such, the uptake in Protein and proper snacks of nuts is great, but I feel like my body is crazing carbs.

I know this will pass, if I remain strong and don’t falter. But then if Willpower was that easy to manipulate, the Green Lantern Corp would be unstoppable.

This is my weekly Blog, From Fat to Bat; one man's journey to be Batman...

This is my Intro thread...

Convict Conditioning:: Push Ups - lvl 2 || Squats - lvl 1 || Pull Ups - lvl 2 || Leg Raise - lvl 1 || Bridges - lvl 1 || Handstands - lvl 0

Current Body (2012.02.12) :: 5'10" || 270 lbs || Waist: 48" || Thigh: 25" || Arms: 14" || BF%: 36 || Young Bruce Level

I've also cut back my calories, looking to lean out slightly(and mostly maintain weight) after putting on 20 lbs or so. Dialing back the food intake a bit is tricky, particularly when I'm still lifting and pretty hungry.

That and work is just crazy right now, due to circumstances almost entirely beyond my control, but part of the reason it's so crazy is because I've been entrusted with additional responsibilities in others' absence, which is a good sign long-term, even if it's going to make for a stressful 6 weeks or so.

"Restlessness is discontent - and discontent is the first necessity of progress. Show me a thoroughly satisfied man-and I will show you a failure." -Thomas Edison

Guest guest4729

Might be TMI for some people, but it's "that time" for me and I'm struggling like hell not to eat every single piece of candy I come across. Whenever I get it it's just like...MUST EAT ALL THE CANDY! NEED CHOCOLATEEEEEEEE! I ate a pack of M&Ms last night and the night before. Totally not Paleo but my uterus was ready to hold me hostage unless I gave it what it wanted. :(

This morning I was struggling with Insanity (the workout). It kicked my butt hardcore, but I'm doing it again on Wednesday.

nagging ongoing hip issue that's causing even the NF body weight workout to be extremely painful and let's not go into how I hurt after the last yoga class.

Only good news is I managed to get the Dr. to write me a prescription for a few sessions with a physical therapist. Hopeful it's a form or other simple to correct issue.

Oogie McGuire

Black Sheep Shepherdess

STR 4.25 | DEX 4.5 | STA 3.75 | CON 3 | WIS 4.75 | CHA 1

And here I was complaining to my BFF that men confuse me and I don't know what to do with them. I just want them to be straight forward and blunt for crying out loud. :P

Bah no one wants that. How does that old saying go...if a girl knew what a guy really wanted, they'd never stop slapping us... <.< I'd rather not have red cheeks thank you very much :D

"Pull the bar like you're ripping the head off a god-damned lion" - Donny Shankle

For a monday, today was full of awesome. That's saying something.

Otherwise I'm struggling with the following things right now:

Not getting enough water in my system on a regular basis. I do good a for a few days, totally lapse a day and then feel like bleh.

Trying to ignore the cereal my husband eats. Totally not fair.

Coping with the cravings for carbs. Part of me wants to find paleo friendly replacements, but all the nut flours and such are super heavy on calories and not what I want right now.

Need more sleep!

Need more sunshine. Damn the west coast and its perpetual rain. Sometimes I wonder what colour the sky is behind the clouds.

Any suggestions on making these things better would be appreciated.

"Whenever you find that you are on the side of the majority, it is time to reform. "-Mark Twain
“Success consists of going from failure to failure without loss of enthusiasm.†– Winston Churchill
“You will either step forward into growth or you will step back into safety.†– Abraham Maslow

Wood Elf Adventurer LEVEL 6.817
Stats: STR-18.62 DEX-8.22 STA-19.05 CON-29.72 WIS-30.26 CHA-22.73

Struggling with a dip into depression land. It pretty much affects everything.

And it sucks.

My fiance' goes through spells of depression, I know how bad it sucks.

She's been trying to help push through them with really intense goals, she'll get started on them and then constantly get herself jazzed about the progress. It's kinda cool.

I'm just saying you should totally set aside the next 6 weeks to wail on 'Roos in that challenge ^_^

Might be TMI for some people, but it's "that time" for me and I'm struggling like hell not to eat every single piece of candy I come across. Whenever I get it it's just like...MUST EAT ALL THE CANDY! NEED CHOCOLATEEEEEEEE! I ate a pack of M&Ms last night and the night before. Totally not Paleo but my uterus was ready to hold me hostage unless I gave it what it wanted..

this isn't paleo, but if there are any folks on here who aren't totally paleo and need to put an unruly uterus in its place, this recipe is awesome.

http://chocolatecoveredkatie.com/2011/09/27/new-recipe-sugar-free-cookie-dough-dip/