Forums are back in action! ×

So....sigh.

I decided to google 'how not be judgmental', but then I got judgemental about the article. Because It said that being judgemental is passing judgement upon someone you hardly know, with no basis.

I tend to be judgemental towards my friends, for good reason. and I'm not just saying that. :P

So then I googled how not to be opinionated. But being opinionated means you are actually stating your opinion, and often to the point where you annoy people.

I usually pass silent and festering judgement on my friends because if I told them the truth, and how much their actions piss me off, they wouldn't want to be my friends anymore.

Actually, it's not friends, it' one friend in particular.

so then I googled how not to hate people.

So then I decided to have a tea, and pass on the passing judgement for now.

I wish I could find a normal friend.

Never let your fear decide your fate.

Well, if you define normal as "sort of like myself"...then you have lots of normal friends on here!!

Difference between having an opinion (and expressing it) and being opionated is whether you expect/demand that others like/agree with your opinions. I think one of the hardest things in the world is to be sure you're right and allow the other person the freedom to be 'right' too (for him, in his world). And I say that as a long time Christian "fundamentalist/right wing/Bible thumper". Actually, I'm usually to the right of those weaklings...just saying...

Warriors don't count reps and sets. They count tons.

My psychologist weighs 45 pounds, has an iron soul and sits on the end of a bar

Tally Sheet for 2019

Encouragement for older members: Chronologically Blessed Group;

Encouragement for newbie lifters: When we were weaker

You and I would get along great! !e would agree on everything, because I am always right as well! That would be pretty boring actually...

Massrandir, Barkûn, Swolórin, The Whey Pilgrim
500 / 330 / 625
Challenges: 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 31 32 34 35 36 39 41 42 45 46 47 48 49 Current Challenge
"No citizen has a right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training. What a disgrace it is for a man to grow old without ever seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable. " ~ Socrates
"Friends don't let friends squat high." ~ Chad Wesley Smith
"It's a dangerous business, Brodo, squatting to the floor. You step into the rack, and if you don't keep your form, there's no knowing where you might be swept off to." ~ Gainsdalf

You can't be right, because I'm right, and only one person can be right at a time.

Therefore, since I'm always right, you're always wrong. :D

Why must I put a name on the foods I choose to eat and how I choose to eat them? Rather than tell people that I eat according to someone else's arbitrary rules, I'd rather just tell them, I eat healthy. And no, my diet does not have a name.My daily battle log!

You can't be right, because I'm right, and only one person can be right at a time.

Therefore, since I'm always right, you're always wrong. :D

But that means that when she's right, she's wrong, which is right... Right?

500 / 330 / 625
Challenges: 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 31 32 34 35 36 39 41 42 45 46 47 48 49 Current Challenge
"No citizen has a right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training. What a disgrace it is for a man to grow old without ever seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable. " ~ Socrates
"It's a dangerous business, Brodo, squatting to the floor. You step into the rack, and if you don't keep your form, there's no knowing where you might be swept off to." ~ Gainsdalf

I read somewhere that the traits in others that piss us off are traits we also have, even if we don't realize it. Reading that annoyed me, but when I started to look at it... sometimes it was because I was afraid people thought I was like that too. Case in point: the overdramatic person who always has something wrong in their life. It annoys me when people at work are like that, but upon inspection I realized I'm afraid people think I'm like that because I've had a lot of misfortune in my life.

It is difficult to have a friendship where it is not a mutually beneficial and enjoyable thing. Here is the point though. In life, if something consistently pisses you off, annoys you, gives you no pleasure and constantly makes you have negative feelings then think to yourself...what would I council someone who came to ME with this situation? Well, I would tell them to love themselves more and rid themselves of this toxic situation.

If you love YOU more than putting up with their crap...then that is your answer. It might be difficult, there need be no discussion unless you want to but simply make yourself scarce and find new, interesting, dynamic and mutually pleasing friendships. I have had to do with 3 times in my very long life and while it was sad, it was the best thing I ever did.

The real world is bizarre enough for me....Blue Oyster Cult!

Oystergirl: Bad Assed Lightcaster (aka wizard!)

STR: 2 | DEX: 3 | CON: 3 | STA: 2 | WIS: 4 | CHA: 5

Oystergirl's Bad Ass Lightcaster Wicked Rocking Adventure Challenge!

Come visit my wicked rocking Nerd Fitness blog!

I read somewhere that the traits in others that piss us off are traits we also have, even if we don't realize it. Reading that annoyed me, but when I started to look at it... sometimes it was because I was afraid people thought I was like that too. Case in point: the overdramatic person who always has something wrong in their life. It annoys me when people at work are like that, but upon inspection I realized I'm afraid people think I'm like that because I've had a lot of misfortune in my life.

There's a real element of truth to this. I find that the only students I teach that piss me off are the ones that can do it but don't because they're too lazy, don't have any confidence, or usually both. I was the exact same way when I was in jr. high, and I regret the lost time and opportunities. It really bothers me when I see someone who I know is bright give up when they don't want to try or don't think they can. That was and still kind of is me, and I really hate that part of myself.

I'd say, if your friend annoys you because he/she reminds you of yourself, try to come to terms with that part of yourself. If he/she doesn't, then maybe you should just stop being around them, if they bother you that much.

I could see this. There is one girl in my group of friends that I really don't get along with, especially when we're drinking, and I think it's because she's very much like me.

I annoy myself... and everyone else... i accept it and move on...

I embrace it.

500 / 330 / 625