Forums are back in action! ×

A long time ago in a galaxy far... Ooh! BACON!

So, after trying to post this for a few days and getting nowhere thanks to 504 host errors - let's see if tapatalk works [emoji1]

I'm 42 and from the UK. In my youth I used to be active, hitting the gym 3-4 times a week through college and Uni, playing golf, badminton and practicing Muay Thai until I was in my late twenties when I had my right knee rotated 180 degrees. (Think toes facing backwards)

Divorced last year (best friend died last year as well), while I was married I stopped doing the things I enjoyed and generally got a bit "Winnie The Pooh" around the middle. (Oh bother).

So now it's just me looking after my 2 sons I need to start taking care of myself to ensure I'm fit and healthy and also set a decent example for them to hopefully look up to.

The diet is pretty "clean". Most evening meals have veg, anything with Pasta uses Dr Zak's Protein Pasta, and things like chips only make the menu once a week, and then they are low-fat oven ones. Breakfast is usually porrage oats or bacon. Actually sometimes it's AND bacon, but we'll not go there.

For me the problem is (1) Finding time to exercise more and (2) cutting down on the sugars I'm prone to binging on when I get home from work, or when I'm bored. I'll eat well during the day, then consume hundreds of calories of crap within an hour of getting home!

So, I need to take more responsibility and have put up my first NF Challenge!

I've been doing Yoga once a week for about 4 months now. I originally took it up to get some "me time" and to improve my flexibility and I'm really enjoying it. The instructor and group are excellent and friendly, which helps.

I'm not sure about Guilds, having done free weights at the gym when I was younger, and martial arts, and now yoga I'm kind of all over the place. I may just stay a rebel and not conform. ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Welcome to the rebellion!

Steve has an article about making time for working out here. As for the sugary stuff, that can usually be countered by substituting healthy snacks. Instead of a candy bar, for example, you eat some carrot sticks. If you don't like raw veg, another option is just to down a big glass of water. It helps to calm tummy rumbles.

It's great that you are enjoying yoga! Keep at it!

Good luck and keep us posted!

Current form: Chubby House Cat (lvl4)

Weight objective: 20%

S. 4 P. 6 E. 4 C. 7 I. 8 A. 4 L. 5

Battle log

Current Challenge

Handy linky.