Forums are back in action! ×

Men ONLY please...

Guest Snake McClain

HOW IS 'PHI' NOT A NICKNAME FOR '161803398874989'?!

Because anyone outside of architecture and maybe graphic design is 96.9% likely to have no idea what the golden ratio or phi is. Even though I now know, it still isn't what pops into my head when I see all those numbers.

Massrandir, Barkûn, Swolórin, The Whey Pilgrim
500 / 330 / 625
Challenges: 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 31 32 34 35 36 39 41 42 45 46 47 48 49 Current Challenge
"No citizen has a right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training. What a disgrace it is for a man to grow old without ever seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable. " ~ Socrates
"Friends don't let friends squat high." ~ Chad Wesley Smith
"It's a dangerous business, Brodo, squatting to the floor. You step into the rack, and if you don't keep your form, there's no knowing where you might be swept off to." ~ Gainsdalf

Guest Snake McClain

When you are Snake McClain you have no idea what you guys are talking about, so you chime in with a random comment about something else entirely because you feel insecure...

*cue random comment about something else*

Bewbs! Amirite?

When you are Snake McClain you have no idea what you guys are talking about, so you chime in with a random comment about something else entirely because you feel insecure...

*cue random comment about something else*

Bewbs! Amirite?

More of an ass-man, but I like boobs alright.

Quare? Quod vita mea non tua est.

You can call me Phi, Numbers, Sixteen or just plain 161803398874989.

When you are an Engineering Student. The golden number rings a bell.

I never heard of it as a mechanical...

After my own heart. Bootay is where it's at.

500 / 330 / 625
Challenges: 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 31 32 34 35 36 39 41 42 45 46 47 48 49 Current Challenge
"No citizen has a right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training. What a disgrace it is for a man to grow old without ever seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable. " ~ Socrates
"It's a dangerous business, Brodo, squatting to the floor. You step into the rack, and if you don't keep your form, there's no knowing where you might be swept off to." ~ Gainsdalf

I never heard of it as a mechanical...

BOOOOOOOOO Mechanical Engineering sucks! -1 for you, Corey.

After my own heart. Bootay is where it's at.

Alright, +1 for that one. And you're a good mod, so that gets you a total of +1.

Guest Snake McClain

Same here actually. I was just being silly. The rear is the right gear if you know what i'm sayin.

BOOOOOOOOO Mechanical Engineering sucks! -1 for you, Corey.

I'm with Corey. Also mechanical engineering rocks (though I have considered becoming a math or physics teacher down the line).

I recognized the 1.618 as the golden ratio but didn't know it by Phi. I guess us folks in practical fields have better things to worry about :tongue:

The Tin Man: Cyborg Ranger

Tin Man's Out of Date Epic Quest

I am what I do.

I'm with Corey. Also mechanical engineering rocks (though I have considered becoming a math or physics teacher down the line).

I recognized the 1.618 as the golden ratio but didn't know it by Phi. I guess us folks in practical fields have better things to worry about :tongue:

Speak for yourself. :D

Us EEs know all!

"Pull the bar like you're ripping the head off a god-damned lion" - Donny Shankle

You all have to bow to the laws of mathematics in the end, though.

So we win.

Last time I checked mathematics was the language used to describe the laws of nature. A beautiful, elegant language though.

What would you call the laws of mathematics? Not trollin', legitimately curious.

The Tin Man: Cyborg Ranger

Tin Man's Out of Date Epic Quest

I am what I do.

Last time I checked mathematics was the language used to describe the laws of nature. A beautiful, elegant language though.

What would you call the laws of mathematics? Not trollin', legitimately curious.

The axioms and deduction rules.

The axioms and deduction rules.

F=d(m*v)/dt > a+b=b+a

500 / 330 / 625

The three laws of Engineering (as taught by the main design engineer behind the CN Tower)

1: You can't push on a rope

2: F = ma (we were first year cut some slack)

3: To find the answer, you must KNOW the answer.

FTW

Why must I put a name on the foods I choose to eat and how I choose to eat them? Rather than tell people that I eat according to someone else's arbitrary rules, I'd rather just tell them, I eat healthy. And no, my diet does not have a name.My daily battle log!

And they're never shy about it. Trivia: I was considering EE in high school, when in physics we went over circuit analysis. Then we moved on to learn about electricity and magnetism and I was all "eff that, mechanical it is".

I was thinking Mechanical when I started college but decided on Chemical Engineering

"It's very hard in the beginning to understand that the whole idea is not to beat the other runners. Eventually you learn that the competition is against the little voice inside you that wants you to quit""If you think you can or you can't, you're right!"

Guest Snake McClain

The three laws of being Bruce.

1) never get less than 12 hours sleep

2) never play poker with a man who has the same first name as a city.

3) never date a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her inner thigh.

The three laws of being Bruce.

1) never get less than 12 hours sleep

2) never play poker with a man who has the same first name as a city.

3) never date a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her inner thigh.

I dun know about number 3, that's hawt.

500 / 330 / 625