Forums are back in action! ×

Men ONLY please...

Guest Snake McClain

Oh god, skittle vodka. We've made it so many times. Yes, it knocks you out. The onyl vodka concoction I've found better is a 2 liter of sprite, a handle of vodka (1.75 liters), and 4 packets of crystal lite lemonade mix. It tastes like lemonade but is over 50% vodka. We drank it by the solo cup one night. Yeah, bad news bears...

All this talk of improvised drinks just reminds me of the tucker max death mix

Read at your own risk.

Why must I put a name on the foods I choose to eat and how I choose to eat them? Rather than tell people that I eat according to someone else's arbitrary rules, I'd rather just tell them, I eat healthy. And no, my diet does not have a name.My daily battle log!

Also; I do not enjoy vodka in the slightest, unless it reminds me of the rivers of blood that ran the day caesar died. We (as in my friends and I) made skittle vodka, but I won't even go there.

As a warning to others, just because it tastes sweet and delicious does NOT mean it won't knock you on your arse.

Skittles vodka is not a man's drink. Get yourself some good bourbon son.

“We might as well start where we are, use what we have and do what we can." – Caitlin Rivers

Sloth: The Man with the Hammer battle log

That would be pretty fantastic...

Honestly, I think I could certainly keep it punctual and reduce it to a few key points, I just haven't tried hard enough.

I'd be more than willing to give it a read through and edit it and give you some feed back.

Credentials...

Super huge DBZ fan for like 16 years

I'm a writer(nothing published, but I'm working on it!)

Also, I'm not a terrible editor

So, if you want I'll give you a hand!

Art of Manliness has been a staple blog of mine since last summer. A lot of good reads. I would highly recommend everyone read the James Bond Shower article. Its the fastest, most direct change in your life for the better.

Anyone here a fan of Mexico beer? I am only 21, so my beer experience is limited, but my go to beer is currently Modelo Negro.

"All hard work brings a profit, but mere talk leads only to poverty." -Proverbs 14:23

----------------------------------------------------------

I. AM. A. BEAST!!!!!!!!!" -

Art of Manliness has been a staple blog of mine since last summer. A lot of good reads. I would highly recommend everyone read the James Bond Shower article. Its the fastest, most direct change in your life for the better.

Art of Manliness has been one of my favorite blogs for a while. Have you done the Be a Better Man in 30 Days program on the site? It was posted a long while back, and I didn't follow it as closely as I could have, but it's an interesting month of self improvement if you want to give it a good go. Thanks for posting the cold shower article. I picked that up during that 30 days, but I lost the habit after a while. I do believe I should pick that up again.

Also, Sloth-Like, I'm feelin a scotch rather than a bourbon tonight, but cheers to you, good sir!

I haven't done the 30 Days challenge, but I have seen its articles linked around. I will give it a little more looking into.

Did you know that Brett McKay is Mormon? I just found that out last week. I new he was some kind of religion since he frequently talks about "Scripture reading and meditation" in quite a few of his articles, but I never knew he was referencing Mormon Scripture. Actually kind of gave me the willies when I found out. lol

Side Note- I would totally read a Goku article on this site.

"All hard work brings a profit, but mere talk leads only to poverty." -Proverbs 14:23

----------------------------------------------------------

I. AM. A. BEAST!!!!!!!!!" -

Huh, I had no idea. He definitely has a Christian angle in there from time to time (I honestly don't notice it *that* frequently though), but he has done a good job keeping it something you can use if you want to or ignore if don't. Being from the South, I'm used to people being a little more upfront about religion when talking about lifestyles, though.

Skittles vodka is not a man's drink. Get yourself some good bourbon son.

Oh I love me some Booker's. Skittles Vodka may not be a man's drink, but it sure is fun to drink. I call grape.

Massrandir, Barkûn, Swolórin, The Whey Pilgrim
500 / 330 / 625
Challenges: 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 31 32 34 35 36 39 41 42 45 46 47 48 49 Current Challenge
"No citizen has a right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training. What a disgrace it is for a man to grow old without ever seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable. " ~ Socrates
"Friends don't let friends squat high." ~ Chad Wesley Smith
"It's a dangerous business, Brodo, squatting to the floor. You step into the rack, and if you don't keep your form, there's no knowing where you might be swept off to." ~ Gainsdalf

Bahaha I've only made it like three times, and usually at the behest of the ladies ;) ATM I'm working through a large bottle of Cap'n Morgan's Private Stock. Much better than the Caps other offerings I must say...

Why must I put a name on the foods I choose to eat and how I choose to eat them? Rather than tell people that I eat according to someone else's arbitrary rules, I'd rather just tell them, I eat healthy. And no, my diet does not have a name.My daily battle log!

Did you know that Brett McKay is Mormon? I just found that out last week. I new he was some kind of religion since he frequently talks about "Scripture reading and meditation" in quite a few of his articles, but I never knew he was referencing Mormon Scripture. Actually kind of gave me the willies when I found out. lol

We're not that bad, just don't ask about our magic underwear.

Your wife has grey hairs in her beard?

She's Italian...

Seriously though, in our head hair, I don't have any in my beard yet though.

500 / 330 / 625
Challenges: 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 31 32 34 35 36 39 41 42 45 46 47 48 49 Current Challenge
"No citizen has a right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training. What a disgrace it is for a man to grow old without ever seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable. " ~ Socrates
"It's a dangerous business, Brodo, squatting to the floor. You step into the rack, and if you don't keep your form, there's no knowing where you might be swept off to." ~ Gainsdalf

Many a bloke would have heard the sound of my hyperventilating in the showers at the gym.... Little do they know that its only my trying to adapt to the cold cold cold water.

"Strength is the cup. The bigger the cup, the more you can put in" - JDanger

Guest Snake McClain

i started doing the "scottish shower" yesterday after reading that article. good stuff. It is definitely...well it wakes you up. did it after the gym last night and felt great. This morning it pissed me off.

So i want to talk about advice with the ladies. Because I kind of...well I DID meet someone last week and it's a weird situation. Want to get some man advice from people that aren't just a bunch of pervs. You guys game?

i started doing the "scottish shower" yesterday after reading that article. good stuff. It is definitely...well it wakes you up. did it after the gym last night and felt great. This morning it pissed me off.

So i want to talk about advice with the ladies. Because I kind of...well I DID meet someone last week and it's a weird situation. Want to get some man advice from people that aren't just a bunch of pervs. You guys game?

tried the Scottish Shower a few times, decided not to stick with it yet. But yeah, I didn't mind it so much after a workout, but doing it in the morning is just a bad start to the day.

I can tune down the perv level for a bit I guess. Go ahead.

500 / 330 / 625

Guest Snake McClain
tried the Scottish Shower a few times, decided not to stick with it yet. But yeah, I didn't mind it so much after a workout, but doing it in the morning is just a bad start to the day.

Yeah it was pretty rough not coming out and wanting to punch a baby.

I can tune down the perv level for a bit I guess. Go ahead.

Alright so last week I was at the bar with my friend and we literally spent an hour with our waitress talking about how i cannot and will not talk to a complete and random stranger in a bar. It just isn't my style for a few reasons. First being that it is so random I have no idea what to say. Not like i'm scared just nothing to talk about. Second being I feel like no matter what I say and even if I am genuine all she sees is beavis and butthead saying, "uhhhh hey baby". So i just don't. I then ended the conversation by saying that I won't date unless it's someone I sort of know something about or a friend introduces us or something similar. And then I get up to go to the restroom (4 beers and 3 jaeger bombs will do that to ya) and I come back and i see an old friend of ours named kayla talking to my friend and I'll be damned if she isn't standing there with the prettiest girl i've ever seen. So i go say hi to kayla and sort of try to "play it cool" and introduce myself. Sparks fly and we are talking for the next few hours. At one point all of our friends just leave us alone to talk because we aren't paying attention to them anyway. Of course we exchange numbers and the first couple days she wouldn't really respond to me. Then now it's like she is talking to me all the time. which is fine with me. But here are the issues: 1 she has a kid. 2 she and her ex live together. It's a convenience thing and I get it. My friend Kayla would tell me to stay away if it were bad news so I'm not worried about that...or wasn't....but more on that later.

So i asked her out. She said she doesn't know when she is free. Okay fine, but I know (cuz my momma told me a long time ago) that if a woman wants to go out and you pick a day and she can't do it she will offer another time when she is available. She didn't do that. She just said "I don't know" and okay sure maybe she just doesn't know. she is busy. but still it makes me wonder.

Next issue I have is I sort of asked her if there was some weird chance she and him would be getting back together and I got the most convoluted chain of responses I think I have ever heard. It started as "we have been on and off for about 10 years. I've hurt people and you should be guarded." Then i stated that I'm not going to let a bus run over me type of thing so i don't think this is a good idea then. And then i got the response, "I'm not going to hurt you. I don't want you to think I'm like the past women in your life." this sort of went on a bit and I was left really confused by the whole thing. It's like she talks to me as if I'm the only guy she is interested in until i bring up going out or something similar and then i get a weird run around. I have a history of just dropping things with people because it's frustrating or stupid and I'm thinking about just ditching it all together. but except for this one weird sort of thing the dating me/and her ex everything is cool. Is it possible she just likes the attention?

I've honestly never been so confused by a woman ever. I usually read very well if someone is interested and this just has me going back and forth.

female advice hijack: bruce, don't pursue anything with that girl. sounds way too complicated and she's basically setting herself up to where, if she does get back w/ her ex, she can just be like, 'well i TOLD you this might happen..." if it's already complicated before a first date, it probably won't get any easier moving forward.

sorry for responding to a guy's forum, but figured a girl's advice might be useful.

Mama T out.

...we, each of us, are responsible for our own fulfillment. Nobody else can provide it for us, and to believe otherwise is to delude ourselves dangerously and to program for eventual failure every relationship we enter. - Tom Robbins

Current Challenge: Life, man.