Forums are back in action! ×

Men ONLY please...

Guest Snake McClain

I think teaching your kid in Go-Shin do would be great for him, Most bullies focus (purposefully or subconsciously) on other kids with little-to-no self-confidence, This is my opinion based on what I've observed as well as my own personal experience, I was bullied somewhat by the kids smarter than me (and I was the Dumb kid in the Smart Kids Classes) throughout Elementary, but once I got to High School, I joined the JROTC program, and that helped my confidence grow substantially, to the point were I had girls liking me, friends who were loyal, and the main bonus: not being picked on.

Help your son's confidence in himself and his abilities and you'll both see the change in his experience in school.

Level 25 Final Fantasy Rebel

My Epic Quest | My Journey | Currently on the Trial of Orthos
Str: 60 | Dex: 23 | Sta: 66 | Con: 28 | Wis: 55 | Cha: 14

Goals for 2021:

Spoiler
  • Build my brother a Destiny 2 Lamp
  • Learn how to do a Handstand
  • Play 1 song on the acoustic guitar
  • Clean up the Christmas Decorations and finish setting up my apartment (hang things up, plus some other few things that need to be organized)
  • Re-introduce Pull-ups into my routine
  • Build a shelving unit next to my Desk

"No matter what, if you can hold your head up high, you've done the right thing."

"When you stand with your family, your family stands with you."

"Write what needs to be written."

I jumped in this thread afraid things were going to get sexist.

But upon reading, I was both laughing and pondering everything. I never would have thought that my increased sex-drive would be caused by hitting the gym more often, but it totally makes sense now. I was wondering why I'd been so sexually driven lately, but I TOTALLY think hitting the gym for the past month is a damn good explanation. If this keeps up, I won't complain, at all.

And whoever brought up the "Barbells and Boners" line... Many lulz were had sir. I thank you for that shred of wisdom. Haha.

Current life goals:

Eat Paleo | Work Primal | Find a Job | Relax | Get more sleep

April 2012 goals:

10 Chin-ups | 45 Push-ups | Cut out sugary snacks

"The 'amazing' can only be created by facing fear, risk, and failure during the process." -Joel Brown

"A brave man is not a man who is not afraid, but one who's will is stronger than his fear." -Unknown

Guest Snake McClain
I jumped in this thread afraid things were going to get sexist.

But upon reading, I was both laughing and pondering everything. I never would have thought that my increased sex-drive would be caused by hitting the gym more often, but it totally makes sense now. I was wondering why I'd been so sexually driven lately, but I TOTALLY think hitting the gym for the past month is a damn good explanation. If this keeps up, I won't complain, at all.

And whoever brought up the "Barbells and Boners" line... Many lulz were had sir. I thank you for that shred of wisdom. Haha.

and ladies and gentleman we have come full circle.

and ladies and gentleman we have come full circle.

So. It has come to this.

http://imgs.xkcd.com/comics/so_it_has_come_to_this.png

Why must I put a name on the foods I choose to eat and how I choose to eat them? Rather than tell people that I eat according to someone else's arbitrary rules, I'd rather just tell them, I eat healthy. And no, my diet does not have a name.My daily battle log!

Guest Snake McClain
bruce, why are your boobs burning?

pro wreslting. It is my birthday and in training i asked for a chop (it's really a slap to the chest) from everyone to celebrate. i have a thread in the off topic library "wrestling chops for my birthday". go check em.

Ouch! Wrestling chops must sting!

And I would totally support bringing a kid to a martial arts class. It really helped me when I was growing up helping me with my confidence and such. For me it's something that's just gotten in my blood and I practice as often as possible. So do it! It's good for yah! Like eating vegetables, and steak!

Our youngest son had a finger mostly chopped off with a log splitter. Couple tendons and blood vessels left. He had it pinned and sewn back together under a local aesthetic because he had to drive himself home (ok, because he's stubborn/stupid at times). The nurses said they had never seen anything like it. They figured he would last a minute before asking for the general anaesthetic.

I too had a finger partially 'pinched' off at the first knuckle. One blood vessel and some nerves left so the doctor folded it back, had me hold it there and then put some local freezing on it. He then sewed it back on.

As for Thrillho and the bullying issue. Lots of good advice here. Fighting back is not always an option.

I see you are from Canada like me. The only advice I can add is don't talk 'TO' the principle and teachers, talk 'AT' them. Remind them of their legal responsibilities and if it continues to happen you will take them to task with the school board. I've had to deal with the school board before (not about bullying, but about my sons allergies) and usually a reminder with a threat of legal action changes their tune. It's funny how a teacher will stick their nose in your business when your daughter draws a picture of you with a gun (link)but they can't be bothered to do their job and watch over a school yard during recess.

/end rant

For a second I thought you were wearing a Pink Bikini, but alas it's just your man-boobs burning.

On a side irrelevant note, I will from now on, say "So it has come to this" in any and all situations possible!

Level 25 Final Fantasy Rebel

My Epic Quest | My Journey | Currently on the Trial of Orthos
Str: 60 | Dex: 23 | Sta: 66 | Con: 28 | Wis: 55 | Cha: 14

Goals for 2021:

Spoiler
  • Build my brother a Destiny 2 Lamp
  • Learn how to do a Handstand
  • Play 1 song on the acoustic guitar
  • Clean up the Christmas Decorations and finish setting up my apartment (hang things up, plus some other few things that need to be organized)
  • Re-introduce Pull-ups into my routine
  • Build a shelving unit next to my Desk

"No matter what, if you can hold your head up high, you've done the right thing."

"When you stand with your family, your family stands with you."

"Write what needs to be written."

Guest Snake McClain
For a second I thought you were wearing a Pink Bikini, but alas it's just your man-boobs burning.

On a side irrelevant note, I will from now on, say "So it has come to this" in any and all situations possible!

agreed. on both statements.

Guest Snake McClain

So i was curious...do you guys find that if you aren't in the gym for a few days (like three or more) you start feeling really down? Like i literally get depressed and feeling like quitting at everything in my life. But once I get in i'm there for about 10 minutes and feel like a different person. Seriously if i'm not in the gym i legitimately think about just dying but I get in there and feel healthy and great. It's the weirdest thing. Do you guys experience this?

Also i came across this...

http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/62/bbv4life/hot-athletic-female-bodies-1153611/ NSFW!!!!

^second greatest thread of all time. (second only to the men only please thread here on nerd fitness. :D )

So i was curious...do you guys find that if you aren't in the gym for a few days (like three or more) you start feeling really down? Like i literally get depressed and feeling like quitting at everything in my life. But once I get in i'm there for about 10 minutes and feel like a different person. Seriously if i'm not in the gym i legitimately think about just dying but I get in there and feel healthy and great. It's the weirdest thing. Do you guys experience this?

Also i came across this...

http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/62/bbv4life/hot-athletic-female-bodies-1153611/ NSFW!!!!

^second greatest thread of all time. (second only to the men only please thread here on nerd fitness. :D )

I feel that way too Bruce. Something about not being active just makes my body just start a revolution.

And I definitely spent some time on that thread before I casually realized I should do some more work.

Guest Snake McClain
I feel that way too Bruce. Something about not being active just makes my body just start a revolution.

And I definitely spent some time on that thread before I casually realized I should do some more work.

it's the weirdest thing ever. I think that's why i battled depression for so long. It is the craziest thing. Like...i missed the gym saturday and sunday, and monday. come monday i am at work and wanting to quit at wrestling and just give up on everything. then I decide to just go to the gym because i wanted to do some leg work. and just get in there and feel good. So i go in and after my first set of deadlift it just hit me how great i felt and that i could do anything and i should never give up. Like the craziest effing thing ever. it just hit me that I have a real depression issue and the only thing helping me is lifting. weirdest thing ever.

Glad I could help kill some time there killer. :D

Guest Snake McClain
a) I do find that. Exercise endorphins are a thing. Also my body just likes to be active.

B) best thread ever. We had one here a while back. (I can't find it, but if I track it down later, I'll link).

a) id like to do some research on that. to see how i can keep healthy mentally on off days or times i can't make it in.

B) please do.

I read somewhere that exercise does the same thing to your brain as anti-depressants do actually; they open up the pleasure centers in the brain and stimulate the hormones that make you "happy." So yes, I totally agree that if a person doesn't go to the gym for a few days, they can start feeling down about themselves. That's why i try to work out as often as possible.

Oh, and 161803398874989? After reading your signature, I finally understand your name. Phi, as in "Fee", or the Golden Ratio, amirite?

Current life goals:

Eat Paleo | Work Primal | Find a Job | Relax | Get more sleep

April 2012 goals:

10 Chin-ups | 45 Push-ups | Cut out sugary snacks

"The 'amazing' can only be created by facing fear, risk, and failure during the process." -Joel Brown

"A brave man is not a man who is not afraid, but one who's will is stronger than his fear." -Unknown

I feel like that with running Bruce...I hurt my back at the end of 2011 and couldn't run properly for ages...I just didn't feel like doing anything over that period, and was tired and cranky all the time. I'm finally building up the miles again and when I'm out there, and after I'm back I feel like I could take on the world. After a couple of days off, I feel cranky and over it all again. I find sleeping/not sleeping to have a similar effect, which is also tied into not exercising enough.

BAREFOOT DAWSY

Scout Commander (ret.)