Forums are back in action! ×

Returning after...a year?

I've realized lately that I've started to miss posting here and need to come back. I've kept up with exercising, but life has been pretty irregular for the past year and a strict workout plan has just caused me to stress out, so getting away from one for that period of time worked out better for me. Life has gotten super-busy for me this year, so now I want to go back to scheduling exercise to give myself permission to get away from other responsibilities for awhile.

I'm a pretty different person than I was at this time last year, thus a re-introduction. My mother has realized that, in comparison with many of her friends, her kid has never done drugs, gone to jail, gotten arrested, or gotten pregnant and had to drop out of university. That has made her much more willing to accept my quirks that she was vitriolic about before. I was floored when I broke the news to her that I'd gotten tattooed and she was more or less okay with it. Also, I have an awesome tattoo now, and plans to get more. It's something I've been wanting to do for years and have been waiting to find the artist who seemed right. I've finally had the opportunity to do costumed volunteering, which is a delight in itself, but has also done wonders for my social life. I have a very difficult time finding people like-minded enough to make for long-term friends, but I clicked with the other members of the organization right away. My previous NF challenges have included trying to get out and make some friends.

Besides working my full-time job and doing costumed volunteering I am taking a class to get certified as a teacher of English as a foreign language AND volunteering teaching an ESL class. My goal is to move to Japan to teach English. I have finally gotten the courage/confidence I needed to go for it--I took a trip to Japan with my job last summer and found that my Japanese is better than I thought it was. I'm pretty busy, but I know that exercise is a good de-stressor for me, so I need to make sure I continue to get it in.

Current goals that need structure:

• Pass my class
  • Teach my class well
  • Make myself do strength training again (I hate it, but I know it's good for me)
  • Get more tattoos
  • Decide if I want to do a Zombies, Run! virtual 5k
  • Improve my running speed
  • Wear more black

Whee!

• Like 1

Level 2 Elf Assassin

Str: 4 | Dex: 5 | Sta: 3 | Con: 2 | Wis: 4 | Cha: 3

"When people called me freak, I closed my eyes and laughed, because they were blind to happiness." --hide

First challenge! Second challenge! Third challenge!

Welcome back!!

You get an official thumbs-up from the Assassinry for striving to wear more black. ^____^

Congrats on your NF return!

Tell me, if you had the strength to take another step, could you do it?

Level ?? Bard & Monk of the Furious Heart

STR.55  DEX.43 STA.48 CON.51 WIS.53 CHA.65

Agreed! You can NEVER have too much black. I think my wardrobe is about 60% black. I do a load of light-colored laundry less than once a month.

• Like 1

Level 2 Elf Assassin

Str: 4 | Dex: 5 | Sta: 3 | Con: 2 | Wis: 4 | Cha: 3

"When people called me freak, I closed my eyes and laughed, because they were blind to happiness." --hide

First challenge! Second challenge! Third challenge!