Forums are back in action! ×

Glutton For Punishment

Ok, I suck at this game. 

This is like playing Ninja Gaiden blindfolded with broken thumbs.

HI! I'm an NPC (Those are my initials and how I describe myself) I generally sit back and watch the heroes run around doing their thing, occasionally chiming in with one of my five lines but mostly I just mince around in the background being ignored. I've tried to escape this life a few times before but I've been coded to stay within my parameters. Staying within my programming is comfortable and safe, it's just not exciting and it definitely doesn't make me happy, so once more unto the breach! Let's break free, generate some new code and finally get there and have a freaking adventure!

I recently took a step towards doing exactly that, I was the heaviest I've ever been at 5' 7" and around 238-240 lbs, a bit over 17 stone. I decided to shock myself so I signed up for a charity boxing event, I did 8 weeks of training and got stopped in 1:50 of the first round after getting my face caved in (I never went down though, a point of pride for me) doing that I lost a stone (14 lbs) and I really enjoyed it so I've signed up for the next one in April. This time though I'm going to go in to it fitter than I've ever been and so I'm back!

Huzzah!

Lost count of the amount of times I've respawned, I suck at this game, it's my kryptonite but can't stop coming back for more!

Human NPC
"Do you get to the cloud district very often? Oh what am i saying, of course you don't"

Hey Coopen,

First off, nice to meet you.

Second, there's nowt wrong with being an NPC. I'm pretty sure I'm not the only guy who's been dragged out of a dungeon, guts trailing red rivers on the ground and half mad from definitely-not-syphilis, by the shadow-lurky guy unlucky enough to be the only body too drunk to turn down an offer of 'questing. Right? Sure I'm not. NPCs can be awesome. Everyone needs a battle buddy at some point or other, yeah?

Anyway, you got punched in the face for the better part of two minutes for charity? Man, that's a big heart you have there. It takes grit to step into the ring, even more so with only 8 weeks training. How did the experience make you feel.... obviously other than sore?

I hear ya on breaking free and generating some new code :)

Aw man, that boxing match sounds painful, but hey, keeping your feet is definitely something to brag about. I know next to nothing about boxing, but I do recall taking some hard hits when I did martial arts, and I can't say I kept my feet that well...

Best of luck for your upcoming match, and hopefully you don't have a repeat facial cave in experience!

"The old that is strong does not wither, deep roots are not reached by the frost.

From the ashes a fire shall be woken, a light from the shadows shall spring."

Yeti on Flickr - Facebook - Instagram

Anyway, you got punched in the face for the better part of two minutes for charity? Man, that's a big heart you have there. It takes grit to step into the ring, even more so with only 8 weeks training. How did the experience make you feel.... obviously other than sore?

Hi Klonk! I felt great, it was a massive buzz getting up in front of a massive crowd and boxing, even afterwards with all the face pain I was so glad I did it, I'll always have that as a story to tell now, I've fought in a boxing match. 

Best of luck for your upcoming match, and hopefully you don't have a repeat facial cave in experience!

Thanks, I'm hoping to avoid a repeat by getting much fitter, because of being short but weighing quite a lot I got matched up with a beast in human form and he hit really hard, I'm aiming to drop into a lower weight class this time.

• Like 1

Lost count of the amount of times I've respawned, I suck at this game, it's my kryptonite but can't stop coming back for more!

Human NPC
"Do you get to the cloud district very often? Oh what am i saying, of course you don't"

Sounds like you had a blast there champ.  As stories go, it's a pretty epic one. Had you done anything similar before, or was that your first experience in the face-wrecking sports? Either way, getting into the ring takes more gravel than a back rub from Fred Flinstone, but doing it with only eight weeks training is nothing short of epic. I bet you felt like you could take on the world!

Good luck for the next one and keep us posted as to how you got on.