Forums are back in action! ×

Let's Try This Again: Cataleya, Reporting For Duty!

Hi everyone! I'm a graduate student living in the big city, looking to lose some weight. I play video games, read comics and manga, watch anime, and love sci-fi and roleplaying. I'm always open to trying new things! I found this place while looking for superhero workouts because I'm trying to mix things up with regard to my routine.

I have hypothyroidism and PCOS, which makes life a little more difficult. Last year, I weighed a little less than 210lbs. I'm down to a little less than 190lbs now, but I've hit kind of a slump. I focused on running last year, doing two 5ks, which was fun, but now I want to add more to my workout routine so I don't get so bored. Still want to run, but maybe do other things too. I don't really have a goal weight or size in mind, just whatever feels best for me, but for now I know I should probably get down to at most 160lbs, just based on how I remember feeling back when I was below that weight. Honestly, though, I just want to get my conditions under control and feel good while balancing all the crap that comes with being a graduate student.

In terms of diet, I dropped soda last February and haven't looked back, with the exception of this last week. I drank a few cans (not more than one in a day) and man, I just didn't enjoy them like I used to. So back on the "do not consume" list they go. Other than that, I have a sweet tooth and love bread and potatoes more than what is probably healthy, so I'm looking to clean up my diet as well.

Looking at the assassin class, as I really enjoy the mixture of strength and flexibility, but I'm keeping my options open before deciding for sure. I'm looking forward to getting to know you nerds better, so feel free to drop me a line!

• Like 1

Welcome to the forum. . . officially!

Sounds like someone turned the difficulty on your game up a little lol but by the way you're describing it you've came up to the challenge and are kicking ass. Working out is pretty intimidating at first (at least at the gym) but I notice that the time just flies by now. Depending on where you're going to school you have a double edged sword. With school work and social obligations you have a hurdle working against you but a lot of schools also have gym access that helps tremendously. I truly miss the gym from my college.

With soda, working out, and knowing your triggers you're already on the path gunning forward sounds like you've got a good foundation to strengthen you.

I'd say stay the course, explore the Assassins and maybe the Rangers too depending on your goals but regardless I wish you the best of luck and a welcome to the fight!

For the Rebellion!

Douglas

You can become a Hero. 

Hooray and welcome! ^_____^  Superhero workouts are kind of the best.

I too love bread and potatoes.  Especially bread.  UGH, so good.  Moderation!!! ^^

We Assassins would love to have you join us (My workouts are a combination of mobility and barbell work!) but don't feel pressured that where you join is where you'll stay... guild hopping is a thing and often encouraged to help people find where they feel most comfortable. :)

Tell me, if you had the strength to take another step, could you do it?

Level ?? Bard & Monk of the Furious Heart

STR.55  DEX.43 STA.48 CON.51 WIS.53 CHA.65

We're similar in a few ways, I also suffer from hypothyroidism so I can really emphasise how much harder things can be, in my experience a lot of people don't really realise just how much of an impact it can make but the struggle is real!!! â€‹Its always encouraging for me to see other people with thyroid issues who are making positive changes and losing weight though because sometimes, especially when you hit the slump like you said, it can get real discouraging.  I also love potatoes and bread and try as I might I cannot break the habit of making a nice wholemeal sandwich for my packed lunch of a morning.

I wish you all the best in your journey and I hope you conquer the dreaded slump!

Thanks for the warm welcomes, everyone!

I love the analogy of someone turning up my game difficulty. That's exactly what it feels like. Thankfully I have stuff both here at home and a gym membership with my university, so I really don't have excuses... not that I don't make them.

And yeah, even I underestimated how much my hypo was affecting me until I started to get it under control. I just kind of assumed I'd been dealt a crap hand! (Well, I had been, but there's ways to fix that!)

I really look forward to getting to know all of you.

• Like 1

Welcome to NF and best of luck on your journey. 

May Br0din bless you with mighty gains, and may your shaker bottle always be full.

Wheymen

...and, if you die...  Walk it off - Captain America

Level 13: 1/4 Giant Warrior

STR - 50 | DEX - 19 | STA - 19 | CON - 14 | WIS - 28 | CHA - 24

My food logging is here*: MFP: tyrsnbdr