Forums are back in action! ×

Testified at a hearing re BLM Gas Leasing

I got up in front of about 500 people, under Bright lights and video cameras and testified agains the proposed BLM oil and gas leases in my valley. Hubby took video from his seat here.

This is a woot because for once I've poked my nose above the foxhole, made myself a target and come out with a strong statement in an attempt to save my farm from destruction. It was very hard to do.

Currently working on a letter to the BLM at 8 pages and counting.

Here's a video flyby of the oil and gas leases proposed in our valley.

We're Garvin Mesa near the end. Surrounded by the red lines of the proposed leases.

Comment period was extended, if you are a potential tourist, write to the BLM opposing these leases!

Oogie McGuire

Black Sheep Shepherdess

STR 4.25 | DEX 4.5 | STA 3.75 | CON 3 | WIS 4.75 | CHA 1

Congratulations and I hope you make a tremendous impact!

We are dealing with the same types of things here. My in-laws' cabin in the Laurel Highlands is surrounded by land which is being bid on for Marcellus Shale Fracking rights. There's no public water and sewer so it's all well water, which is being completely compromised by this operation, as well as the beautiful trout lake nearby (before I've even had a chance to fish it). This is something about which a lot of folks need to wake up. Thank you for doing your part.

But I truly ask you to research fracking.

I have been, the biocides are not acceptable in my area. The more I study, from geologists in the oil industry and industry research the worse it looks. The EPA isn't even coming close to explaining the risks accurately, they are far far worse.

Oogie McGuire

Black Sheep Shepherdess

STR 4.25 | DEX 4.5 | STA 3.75 | CON 3 | WIS 4.75 | CHA 1