Forums are back in action! ×

The best introduction post you'll ever read ...

... from a guy named Daffy. See, my standards aren't that high!

Hey. I'm Daffy.

I like technology, positive psychology, lucid dreaming, and all that other stuff that people typically enjoy (traveling, time with friends, comparing people we don't like to Hitler). My aim in life is to be happy and useful. What more can be said?

I'm a student majoring in computer science. I've worked full-time throughout school, so it's taking me longer than most. I'm really looking forward to finishing my degree. Been a long road.

I work as a web developer for a university. I'm also the main developer/tech guy for MyBodyTutor. Occasionally I write for GameDynamo and I'm the webmaster of Mario Kart Central (which used to be #1 on Google for "mario kart", but sadly no more).

I'll attempt to be active here. I like this community. Unlike some others I've visited, it doesn't seem to be full of jackasses who live to prove they're Alpha on the Internet. :hopelessness:

My training is mostly just the Body for Life plan. Eat healthy, weight lift 3x a week, and interval running 2-3x a week.

Thanks!

Welcome! Don't worry, as we grow some of those Alpha Betas will crop up. Hopefully the mods are loose with the ban hammers (or not, cuz I'd be squashed in no time). Hope you enjoy our community!

Massrandir, Barkûn, Swolórin, The Whey Pilgrim
500 / 330 / 625
Challenges: 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 31 32 34 35 36 39 41 42 45 46 47 48 49 Current Challenge
"No citizen has a right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training. What a disgrace it is for a man to grow old without ever seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable. " ~ Socrates
"Friends don't let friends squat high." ~ Chad Wesley Smith
"It's a dangerous business, Brodo, squatting to the floor. You step into the rack, and if you don't keep your form, there's no knowing where you might be swept off to." ~ Gainsdalf

Hey Rosie, thanks! I visited London a couple years ago. Loved it. I have some friends there too.

Haha, thanks for the welcome, Big. Your Nerdiprise comment reminds me of meeting Captain Picard (Sir Patrick Stewart) a few months ago. Very nice guy. And in great shape, seriously!

Mechanical engineering, thinking of getting an MBA after this.

Massrandir, Barkûn, Swolórin, The Whey Pilgrim
500 / 330 / 625
Challenges: 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 31 32 34 35 36 39 41 42 45 46 47 48 49 Current Challenge
"No citizen has a right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training. What a disgrace it is for a man to grow old without ever seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable. " ~ Socrates
"Friends don't let friends squat high." ~ Chad Wesley Smith
"It's a dangerous business, Brodo, squatting to the floor. You step into the rack, and if you don't keep your form, there's no knowing where you might be swept off to." ~ Gainsdalf

Welcome to the party!

Level 2 Rebel
STR: 5    DEX: 1    STA: 7    CON: 6    WIS: 4    CHA: 4

"The world ain’t all sunshine and rainbows. It’s a very mean and nasty place, and I don’t care how tough you are, it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently if you let it. You, me, or nobody is gonna hit as hard as life. But it ain’t about how hard you hit. It’s about how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward; how much you can take and keep moving forward."

Latest Challenge

Challenge 1

Heyo Daffy, and welcome to the Rebellion! It's great that you have a plan and are just going for it. Glad you're here!

~~~

Side note: Lucid dreaming is fascinating. Just read through that entire Wiki article. :tongue:

"We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, therefore, is not an act but a habit." - Aristotle

If you have the inspiration, you have the talent. Strive to be happy. :)