Forums are back in action! ×

I found this site a couple of weeks ago, and have been popping in to read articles ever since. I figured it was about time to join the forum and say "hi".

I'm not exactly a newbie to fitness. For a long time I did boring workouts in a gym, but a couple of years ago I discovered aerial work (trapeze, silks, lyra, etc...) and now I train 2-3 times a week in various circus arts. I've been searching out other fitness resources though, because I feel like I'm at the point where I would really benefit from some supplemental training... and I really want it to be FUN rather than cranking away on a treadmill. I'd both like to lose a few pounds (around 10ish, I just finished a Whole30 and want to keep eating paleo-ish with a little more flexibility), and build more gymnastic/bodyweight type strength. I've been training on doubles trapeze lately and that involves lifting someone else roughly my size, so I want to amp up my bodyweight training.

I'm something of a gamer geek from a way back, none of these first person shooters, but silly stuff like the old Lucas Arts games and stuff. I don't have a lot of time for gaming lately, so I play more casual games like Angry Birds & PvZ. I have a geeky husband and son, so our house is awash in Star Wars, martial arts stuff and Mythbusters. The idea of playing games with my fitness is just awesome... it plays into both the joy and passion I have for circus stuff and the fun of just geeking out and being goofy.

So yeah... that's me. My short term goal is to spend February doing the scaled version of the Advanced Bodyweight Workout, only down to 1 pull up and 2 chin ups, because hey... I'm a girl... I'm proud I can do ONE dead-hang pull up.

-jj

NF: Treedwelling assasin. Druidish leanings. Gnome.  

IRL: Amateur circus geek.  Mad cook. Mom. Mad Max junkie. 

Mmmmm mythbusters.... Oh I mean hi and welcome! I'm new here too :)

My Blog | My Story

Race: Wood Elf | Class: Footpath Ranger Leader

Level18 (STR):44.25 (DEX):37.25 (STA):30 (CON):31.25 (WIS):31.5 (CHA):25.25

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing." -Edmund Burke

"Love does not throw the book at you because love doesn't have a book to throw." -CS Lewis

Welcome! Sounds like you've got a good idea of your goals and are well on your way. And way to go on being able to do the pull up! :D

Glad you're here!

~~~

P.S. Love the circus arts slant - I randomly signed up for a German wheel class back during my last year of high school and LOVED it.

"We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, therefore, is not an act but a habit." - Aristotle

If you have the inspiration, you have the talent. Strive to be happy. :)

Welcome! Sounds like you've got a good idea of your goals and are well on your way. And way to go on being able to do the pull up! :D

Glad you're here!

~~~

P.S. Love the circus arts slant - I randomly signed up for a German wheel class back during my last year of high school and LOVED it.

Oh man... I'd love to be able to try a German Wheel sometime. But where I train there's just not enough room for one. That must have been so amazing to play with as a high school kid!

-jj

NF: Treedwelling assasin. Druidish leanings. Gnome.  

IRL: Amateur circus geek.  Mad cook. Mom. Mad Max junkie.