Forums are back in action! ×

Look..over there.. a duck!

Good morning everyone!

Im a scientist (although currently trying to retrain in programing as it pays better), with all the nerd qualifications required, im even playing skyrim as i type this and my life has been spent with the nicknames of "lofty" and "string bean" etc etc. So i approach this site with the aims of increasing my muscle tone and I enjoy a good run so increasing my fitness in this area as well, oh and it wouldn't hurt to lose the beer gut.

There are two reasons for me being here actually (ill keep this brief)

1) motivation

2) to try and motivate someone else

I had a care free life as a kid, nothing to complain about. Then 8 years ago the universe decided it needed a new victim and decided to pick on me with a string of death, divorce and mental hospitals, suicide attempts... and none of that happened to me but my family and loved ones and i was the one left standing in the middle, untouched as such but doing the support work.

Then October last year my mind just gave up and depression set in. It has been a tough few months, taking hours to get out of bed because there isn't any point and just staring at walls blankly.

The rules of this rebellion state "no excuses" and its true. I force myself out of bed in the morning and do 5km runs or weights because there are no excuses and the moment i give in and say "ill phone in sick today i cant face the world" will be the day I fail and ruin everything.

So i signed up to thank all the people here for the motivation to actually do this stuff and with the slim hope that if there is one other person that is in the same boat and tries to change as well then woohoo!

thanks for listening to my fevered rantings folks and have a good day! :D

Welcome! You've been through a lot, but I admire your courage to step up and start doing things for your own health and benefit. That's a huge step in the first place, so congrats! Just take it one day at a time, rest when you need to rest, eat tasty healthy things, and take the time to find exercises/routines that you really enjoy doing. You can do it! :)

"We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, therefore, is not an act but a habit." - Aristotle

If you have the inspiration, you have the talent. Strive to be happy. :)

Welcome! I can sympathize with you on multiple accounts. The most pervasive one is depression. I too feel the almost insane need to keep it all 100% together because if I let one thing go, that's the end and my entire house of cards will come tumbling down. If I mess up or fail at one thing, I'm a horrible person and a total loser. Not trying to hijack your intro thread, but just saying I feel ya. So far this has been a great place dor motivation and information!

Level ? Half-Dwarf/Half-Amazon Warrior

STR:21.25 STA:15 DEX: 10.95 CON: 14 WIS:15.5 CHA:17

SWOLE BUCKS: 1

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8